|ID# 27892||ORIGINAL USE: Home||PRESENT USE: Home||CURRENT OWNER: Walter Bergmann Estate|
|OWNERS: Walter Voges||LOCATION: Wendler Addition Lot #4||DATE: c1907 Style/Period: Victorian||HISTORICAL DESIGNATION: NO|
|BUILDER: unknown||CONSTRUCTED OF: Brick, frame, Wood; metal roof; 4x4 windows||CONDITION: Good||DESCRIPTION: One story Victorian; limestone base, creme brick first level, left side; wood frame rest of house; wood frame gables, smooth cut limestone lintels and sills; turned posts and ballustrade.|
HISTORY: This Lot 4 was purchased from Adolf Wendler, owner of the Wendler Addition, in 1907 by F. H. Boyes, who in turn sold to Ed. W. Layer and his wife Edith in 1910. In 1911 the Lot was purchased by August Voges. It is not known which of the owners built the house. The house remained in the Voges family until 1943 when it was sold to Albert Dedeker; then to Alex Bremer; next to John Frey in 1944. The estate of Marie Frey sold it to Walter N. Bergmann in 1959. The present owner is not known.
Source: Boerne Public Library files.- May, 1999
Please Press your Browser's BACK Button to Return to Main Page