|ID# 44466||ORIGINAL USE: Home/Orphanage||PRESENT USE: Church Office||CURRENT OWNER: Catholic Church|
|OWNERS: O'Grady, Incarnate Word Sisters, Douglas Kuebel, Benedictine Sisters, St. Peter Catholic Church||LOCATION: John Small Addition Lot # 63, 66||DATE: c1930 Style/Period:||HISTORICAL DESIGNATION: NO|
|BUILDER: J.G. O'Grady||CONSTRUCTED OF: Stucco; Spanish tile roof; 2x2 windows||CONDITION: Gone -Town down||DESCRIPTION: Two story, Spanish tile roof, with sixteen windows across the front second story. Remodeled several times.|
HISTORY: Summer home for J.G. O'Grady. Later home for his
family. Sold to Sisters of the Incarnate Word, Sept. 16, 1932 by Alice O'Grady.
The sisters used the building as an orphanage. The house was sold to Douglas and
Frances Kuebel, May 1955, who remodeled it for a residence.The archdiocese of
San Antonio was the next owner and used it for Catechism classrooms by St. Peter
the Apostle Church, then later for storage.
At the present time the old building has been transformed into a beautiful office facility for St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church.-1999
The white two story building was torn down in 2007 to make way for a new and larger structure to house the Family Life Center for St. Peter Catholic Church. This building is expected to be completed in late 2008.
Source: Boerne Public Library Files. update December, 2007
Please Press your Browser's BACK Button to Return to Main Page