|ID# 26012||ORIGINAL USE: Millinery Shop||PRESENT USE: Gift Shop||CURRENT OWNER: Boerne Emporium|
|OWNERS: William Wilke, Yelvington, Alice and George Plummer||ADDITION: Original Town Lot LOT: #137||DATE: c1900 Style/Period: Commercial||HISTORICAL DESIGNATION: NO|
|BUILDER: William Wilke||CONSTRUCTED OF: Rock; flat roof; store windows||CONDITION: Good||DESCRIPTION: Small building next to drugstore used for millinery/dress shop through the years.|
HISTORY: Mrs. Wilke had a millinery shop in this building in
the early 1900's. It seems to have been occupied by a woman's clothing store
throughout the years. In the early 1950's, the store was owned by the Yelvington
family. Mr. Yelvington was a Texas author. It was he who named the store the
"Surrey Village Dress Shop". In 1955 Anna & Otto Uecker owned the dress
shop. We have a Christmas greeting from them sent in 1955.
In 1980 the building along with the drugstore area were remodelled by placing rock over tin. It was the property at that time of Alice and George Plummer.
Source: Boerne Public Library files.
Please Press your Browser's BACK Button to Return to Main Page