OLD TOWNS and COMMUNITIES





The Muleshoe Ranch , presently located in Borden County, was the foundation for the present day town of Muleshoe, which is the only incorporated town in the county. On February 11, 1918, 76 persons signed the first successful petition to organize Bailey County. The county courthouse was constructed in 1925. The county courthouse for Bailey County is located in beautiful downtown Muleshoe, Texas. Organized farming in the area did not begin until 1908 and the land was first irrigated in 1909. Large scale irrigation began in the late 1940's which resulted in Bailey County's current mainstay, farming and agriculture-related business.
Submitted by WANDA LOVALL former CC, deceased, Muleshoe Tx.

Communities listed on map of Bailey county , page 515 of "The TEXAS ALMANAC And State
Industrial Guide, 1952 1953", published by The Dallas Morning News includes:

PROGESS on US Hwys. 84 & 70 N.;
MILL on US Hwy. 84 S.;
BAILEYBORO, cr north of water fowl refuse ,west of NEEDMORE on Texas  214 south  of MULESHOE;
CIRCLE BACK on county road east of NEEDMORE.
GOODLAND, ENOCHS and BULA on hwy 54 near the Bailey and Cochran county line.
MAPLE , a few miles south of GOODLAND.
This map shows Coyote Lake and Double Mountain Fork of the Brazos as the water supply for the county plus states there is an abundant supply of underground water as well as the rain water lakes in the Migratory Water Fowl Refuge.


HOME

Home

This  County is a member of the TXGenWeb Project, which with the other state projects, forms the USGenWeb Project. It is an organization of volunteers working for the free access of public and public domain records used in genealogical research.

State Coordinator: Shirley Cullum Ocotber 2006 - October 2008.
Assistant State Coordinators: Elaine Martin  Bettie Wood

Contact me!
Please, feel free to  direct contributions, questions or comments to Evelyn aka Evie Crocker CC & WebMaster.

Bailey County
"TEXAS"
The Lone Star State

Western  Clip Art



(Evelyn Crocker's Service Award )August 1 2002- August 1 2007.

This site was built  January 18, 1998.

Thanks to Wanda Lovell who passed away a short time ago for hosting this site in the beginning. Also,   thanks for Bunny Freeman, for setting this site  up for adoption  after Wanda's demise.


Evie Crocker


Copyright; 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007,2008 Evelyn Crocker and all submitters.. All rights reserved. This information may be used by libraries and genealogical societies, however,
commercial use of this information is strictly prohibited without prior permission of the owner. If copied, this copyright notice must appear with the information.


Thanks to Rootsweb for giving this TXGenWeb page a home.