Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

Bandera County TXGenWeb
Bandera County Heritage Properties

The Family Land Heritage Program honors farms and ranches that have been in continuous agricultural operation by the same family for 100 years or more. The program is designed to recognize and chronicle the unique history of Texas agriculture and the men and women who settled this great state and continue the tradition today.

Each year a ceremony is held to recognize the farms and ranches accepted into the Family Land Heritage Program. Participants whose farm or ranch qualifies receive a certificate of honor in the name of the farm or ranch.

Name, Established, Recognized Location
4B Ranch, 1896 (1996) Three and one-half miles west of Bandera on Highway 16.
5 Oaks, 1874 (1990) Four miles north of Utopia on FM 187.
Anderwald Ranch, 1894 (1995) Five and one-half miles west of Bandera on FM 470.
C. L. Batto Ranch, 1896 (1997) Four and a half miles west of Bandera on Highway 16.
Cielencki Farm, 1871 (1976) Two miles south of Bandera on Highway 173
L. Cinco Land Ltd., 1882 (1996) Seven miles south of Pipe Creek on FM 1283
Amasa Clark's Elmdale Nursery and Orchards, 1873(2004) Four and one-half miles southwest of Bandera on Amasa Clark Road off of Schmidtke Road and Highway 470.
Dixie Dude Ranch, 1904 (2004) Nine miles southwest of Bandera on FM 1077.
Roy Dugosh Farm, 1871 (1979) Two miles south of Bandera on Highway 173.
J. B. Edwards Ranch, 1878 (1979) Eight miles southeast of Bandera City.
Fisher Ranch, 1906 (2006) Six and one-half miles northwest of Utopia at the end of Fisher Road.
North Fisher Ranch, 1906 (2006) Six and one-half miles northwest of Utopia at the end of Fisher Road.
West Fisher Ranch, 1906 (2006) Six and one-half miles northwest of Utopia at the end of Fisher Road.
Hix Charolais Ranch, 1855 (1974) On the headwaters of Hondo Creek.
Hix Ranch, 1855 (1974) Nine miles northwest of Bandera.
Keeling Ranch, 1896 (1996) Thirteen miles northwest of Medina, three miles off FM 2107.
Lazy "A" Ranch, 1874 (1983) Two miles southwest of Bandera on FM 1077.
Leibold-Grothues Ranch, 1882 (2001) Twenty miles southeast of Bandera off FM 1283.
J. N. Mickle Ranch, 1890 (1990) Two and one-half miles north of Bandera on State Highway 173.
Oak Mound Farm, 1877 (1983) One and one-half miles southwest of Bandera on FM 1077.
Postert Ranch, 1877 (1984) Two miles northwest of Bandera off Highway 16.
A. B. Reed Ranch, 1896 (1996) Thirteen miles northwest of Medina, three miles off FM 2107
David Burl Reed Ranch, 1896 (1996) Thirteen miles northwest of Medina, three miles off FM 2107.
James Bonaparte Reed Ranch, 1896 (1996) Fourteen miles northwest of Medina, four miles off FM 2107.
R. Schott Ranch Ltd., 1901 (2006) Twenty-one miles southeast of Bandera on Park Road 37.
Stevens Ranch, 1868 (1974) Six miles east of Medina on FM 2828.
Thompson-Harp Ranch, 1872 (2007) 1340 Foster Ranch Rd.
Walker Ranch, 1899 (1999) Six miles southeast of Bandera on Bruin's Creek
Circle Z Ranch, 1990 (2008) Three miles south of Medina on St. Hwy. 16
Johnston Farm Three miles southeast of Bandera on Bottle Springs Road

For more information about the Family Land Heritage Program,
visit the Texas Department of Agriculture's Family Land Heritage website.

This page is maintained by Donna Schulte Loth - 2009
If you find any of the Bandera County TXGenWeb
links inoperable, please send me a message.