Rev. George H. M. WILSON

 

 

Rev. George H. M. WILSON, son of Irvin WILSON and Effie OUTLER (both born South Carolina), was born 25 May 1848 in Alabama, and died 28 August 1928 in Mathis, San Patricio Co. TX.

 

He was married 11 September 1894 in Bee Co. TX to Oleetha ALLSUP (daughter of Thomas ALLSUP, born TN, and Caroline SMITH, born MS). She was born 14 September 1867 in Bee Co., and died 28 March 1939 in Mathis. They are buried in Glenwood Cemetery, Beeville, Bee Co. TX.


Rev. Wilson came from Grimes Co. to Bee Co. and located first in Mineral community, where he served as Pastor of that church for a year or more, before he was called to the Beeville Baptist Church. He was the first pastor to reside in Beeville.


The coming of the railroad brought more people, and the church began to grow. He led the Church in its first real building program and labored with his own hands in the construction of the beautiful and commodious building that served the church from 1886 until 1937.

 

After many years of faithful service in the Blanco Baptist Association, he was called as Pastor of the church at Midland, Texas.

 

BACK