Dr. G. G. Hill Cemetery
Provided by Joel Honeycutt and Pat Althaus
Blanco County Historical Commission,  101 Pitchfork, Johnson City, TX 78636.

Transcribed by:
Prepared for the TXGenWeb Blanco County Web Site by Wanda Qualls

Location:  From Blanco County Families For One Hundred Years.  pg. 193

Dr. G. G. Hill
      The estate of Dr. G. G. Hill is shown on the 1875 assessment roll of Blanco County
and consisted of 1200 acres of the David Davis survey which became the site of the
original part of the ranch of James Clayton Stribling, Sr.   Dr. Hill must have died between
1874 or 1875.   He was buried at the edge of a field near Cypress Creek, near the northeast
corner of the David Davis land grant.  He had died in the summer and had asked before
his death that his remains be returned to some state in the northern part of the United
States but this was never done.  His remains were later dug up by grave robbers and the
bones were scattered; at the instigation of Mrs. Lurane Fidelia Stribling, widow of J. C.
Stribling, the remains were gathered together again and reburied in the stone crypt at
the edge of the same field where he had been  originally buried.
       Dr. G. G. Hill had married Georgia Sawyer, as sister of Mrs. Sophia Appell, wife
of Captain  P. F. Appell

Return to Blanco County, Texas