Kruckemeyer Cemetery
Provided by Joel Honeycutt and Pat Althaus
Blanco County Historical Commission,  101 Pitchfork, Johnson City, TX 78636.

Transcribed by: June Baird (1983)
Prepared for the TXGenWeb Blanco County Web Site by Wanda Qualls

Location:  Located on Joyce Koch place (1983).  2 miles southeast of Little Blanco Inn.
Turn left off 281, through gate about 1 mile through pasture to grave.

Christian Henry Kruckemeyer
Born: Jan 11 1820 in Dolme Germany
Died:  Jul 03 1871
Parents: August Friedrich and Hanna Justine Wilhelmine Peterson Kruckemeyer.
Married: Wilhemine Meyer in 1851
Children: William and Henry (twins); Hermann; August; Mrs. Ad Haas nee Kruckemeyer;
Mrs. John Rittimann nee Kruckemeyer.

Christian was drafted and served under the Duke of Brunswick for six years.  He immigrated
to Texas and landed at Indianola between 1848 and 1851.  In 1851 he married Wilhemine Meyer
who was born May 17 1827 in Brunswick Germany.  He first came to New Braunfels and
onto Twin Sisters.  He was a freighter (wagoner) besides farming and ranching.  He hauled
freight from the coast to the hill country through the Civil War years.  In 1871 with his twin sons
Henry and William (both 18) he left them at Pedernales River to go on west with the wagons
and he came on home to Twin Sisters to see about his family.  He got home Jul 03 1871.  He
went to check on a cow with a new born calf; after an hour his family heard a shot and
soon his horse came running back to the house, riderless, with blood on the saddle.  A
search was begunn but he was not found until the next morning.  Pete Kneupper and
Gottlieb Koch found his body with a bullet hole in his mouth.  His insides had been
cut out and stuffed with a Bible and church papers.  They later found out these belonged
to Pastor Engel.  He had lost them earlier on Jul 03 in a chase with some Indians.
Christian was buried where they found him.

Return to Blanco County, Texas