LOCATION: Located Southeast corner of the intersection of
State Highway 285 and Farm Road 339 (Benavides Road)
SURVEYED BY: Mrs. Hazel Bray and others.
DATE OF SURVEY: 1976
DATE OF EARLIEST GRAVE: 1892
NUMBER OF GRAVES: THREE
TRANSCRIBED BY: Wesley Jacobs with permission from the Heritage Museum
1. David E. Chapa 1843 07-19-1892 2. Jose Maria Salinas 3. Eusebio Carillo.
It appears, from the fact that a clump of lilies is on the right of Chapa’s grave, that one of the men is buried on the right of Chapa and the other on the left where there is a broken wooden cross.
The fence is down and brush has grown up around the graves until it is difficult to find them; they are located on the right of the road leading to the windmill, just a short distance from the gate.
Page Design Copyright Shirley Cullum 2005-2012
Contents used with permission, all rights reserved.