Historical Marker

Hoag-Faubion-Fuchs House

Source: Photo by Barry Caraway, <barrycaraway@hotmail.com>, Aug 2002

 

Location: Broadway and Avenue F, Marble Falls, Texas

William H. Hoag, an electrical engineer from New York City, and his wife Beatrice built this house in 1910. The Hoags sold the house to local farmer and rancher Sam Faubion in 1914. Faubion rented the home to rancher, farmer, piano tuner, and burnet County commissioner Alsand J. Fuchs and his wife Georgia. Faubion's son, Jonathan, inherited the house in 1940 and it remained in the Faubion family until 1946. A local landmark, the house is an early example of the arts and crafts bungalow style. It features an uncommon porch configuration and six bays with columns on a solid balustrade. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark.

 

See complete list of Burnet County Historical Markers

 

 

GO TO

Burnet Main Page | Photo Album | Burnet Resources | War Page | Texas Resources | National Resources | Searches | Genealogy Info


You are our 1670 visitor to this page.

Last update:  Sunday, 22-Sep-2002 18:49:16 MDT