Historical Marker

Marble Falls Depot

Source: Photos by Barry Caraway, <barrycaraway@hotmail.com>, Sept 2002

 

 

The town of Marble Falls was laid outin 1887. Texas Mining and Improvement Company deeded land for a depot to Austin and Northwestern Railroad. this building was erected in 1893 and then Southern Pacific Railroad bought the line and property. Area residents gathered at the depot to visit and watch for the train. Excursions were offered and passenger service provided. Hogs, horses, cattle, cedar posts, cotton, pecans, and hides were shipped to market from here. In 1937 passenger service was discontinued and the depot was closed in 1968. It was moved to this site in 1976. (1979)

LOCATION: 801 US 281 at the intersection with Ave H, Marble Falls.

 

See complete list of Burnet County Historical Markers

 

 

GO TO

Burnet Main Page | Photo Album | Burnet Resources | War Page | Texas Resources | National Resources | Searches | Genealogy Info


You are our 1878 visitor to this page.

Last update:  Saturday, 05-Oct-2002 11:30:33 MDT