Historical Marker

Michel's Drug Store

Source: Photos by Barry Caraway, <barrycaraway@hotmail.com>, Sept 2002

 

 

Ernst Gustav Michel (1865-1930), a native of Germany, and his wife, Lillie Agnes, opened a drugstore at this site in 1891. After fire destroyed the first store in 1905, Michel built a 3-story edifice here. The first floor housed the drugstore and soda fountain. The second floor was an opera house with seating for 300 people. The top floor had the family's living quarters. That structure burned in a fire that destroyed an entire city block in 1927. All four Michel children who lived to adulthood studied pharmacy. The Michel family has operated a drugstore at this location since 1891. (1984)

LOCATION: 216 Main Street, Marble Falls.

 

See complete list of Burnet County Historical Markers

 

 

GO TO

Burnet Main Page | Photo Album | Burnet Resources | War Page | Texas Resources | National Resources | Searches | Genealogy Info


You are our 1875 visitor to this page.

Last update:  Sunday, 22-Sep-2002 18:59:14 MDT