Historical Marker

Henry Thomas Lodge

Source: Photo by Barry Caraway, <barrycaraway@hotmail.com>, Aug 2002

 

 

Henry Thomas LODGE A.F. & A.M. - LOCATION: South of Farm Road 1431, 10 miles East of Marble Falls. Building is on the banks of Lake Travis 1 1/2 miles south of highway

In settlement started by Noah Smithwick, when he built water mill here in 1855. In 1861 he moved to California, but the mill continued in operation. A.M. Cox erected this building in 1874. Minister Henry Thomas moved the Lodge (chartered June 15, 1865) from Turkey Bend, Texas, to this place in 1876. A store occupied the lower floor. Lodge obtained upper story at death of Mr. Cox. By his will F.P. Lewis gave lower story in 1952. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1967.

 

See complete list of Burnet County Historical Markers

 

 

GO TO

Burnet Main Page | Photo Album | Burnet Resources | War Page | Texas Resources | National Resources | Searches | Genealogy Info


You are our 1709 visitor to this page.

Last update:  Saturday, 07-Sep-2002 16:22:27 MDT