Burnet County
Family Land Heritage Awards



Source:  Texas Department of Agriculture

See photos of Land Heritage Open House Reception
held 25 Feb 2010 in honor of current owners of
Burnet's pioneer farm and ranch founders



Ranch Name

Date Estab

Award Date

Location

Lou Bell Brewster Farm,

1872

1989

Ten miles east of Burnet.

Buddy Feild Ranch,

1881

2000

Twelve miles northeast of Burnet on County Road 202.

Buffalo Flat Ranch,

1870

1975

Five miles southwest of Bertram.

Burnam Ranch,

1853

1980 -  100 years

2005 - 150 years

Five miles southeast of Marble Falls.

Circle L Ranch,

1886

1989

One-fourth mile off County Road 208 and west of U.S. Highway 183.

  Felps-Crider Ranch
 1912
 2012
 621 Crider Road, Marble Falls

Flossy "B" Farm,

1882

1985

Fifteen miles southeast of Lampasas.

Frazier Ranch,

1900

2000

Five miles northeast of Burnet on County Road 112.

Fred Holland Ranch,

1906

2007

4166 County Road 340

Garner #1 Ranch,

1874

1981

Ten miles east of Burnet.

Sam Hamilton Ranch,

1893

2003

Eight miles north of Bertram on FM 1174.  The ranch is located at the site of the old town of Strickling on the North San Gabriel River.

John Jack Juby Ranch,

1882

1983

Four miles north of Briggs on Highway 183.

L. C. Kincheloe Ranch,

1865

1976

Five miles west of Bertram.

  Kirk Place
 1898
 2012
 Eight miles NE of Burnet on CR 254

Kruhl Farm,

1884

1984

Nine miles northeast of Bertram off FM 243.

Marshall Holland Ranch,

1857

2002 - 100 years
2007 - 150 years

Three miles east of Marble Falls off County Road 340.

Hutto-Sanders Ranch,

1878

2004

Seven miles north of Liberty Hill and five miles east of Bertram.

McCoy Ranch,

1901

2003

Eighteen miles northeast of Burnet on County Road 208.

McCoy's Farm & Ranch,

1853

1976

Ten miles northeast of Burnet.

McFarlin Ranch,

1867

1975

Four miles south of Bertram.

Mom's "Home Place" Farm,

1882

2003

A half-mile west of U.S. 183 and County Road 963 intersection on County Road 209.

Moreland Ranch,

1883

1983

Eight miles northwest of Burnet on Old San Saba Road

Munn's Oak Crest Ranch,

1882

1983

Nine miles east of Burnet on Shady Grove Road.

Old Alexander Place,

1854

1977

Five miles southeast of Lampasas.

Old Ellett Ranch,

1883

1985

Five miles east of Burnet.

Perrin Ranch,

1855

1974

Three miles southeast of Bertram.

Powell Ranch,

1881

1992

Ten miles north of Bertram on County Road 215.

Rocky View Ridge Ranch,

1882

2003

On County Road 209, a half mile west of the U.S. 183 and County Road 963 intersection.

Shifflett Ranch,

1858

2005

Fourteen miles southwest of Burnet.

Slaughter Ranch,

1852

1975

Three and one-half miles northwest of Marble Falls.

John A. Smith Ranch,

1872

1975

Three and three-fourth miles northwest of Oakalla.

B. H. Stewart Ranch,

1867

1975

Nine miles east of Bertram.

Triangle E Ranch,

1854

1977

Seven miles southeast of Marble Falls.

Uncle Bob Hays Place,

1884

2002

Two-tenths of a mile east of Marble Falls on County Road 340.

Warden Ranch,

1901

2002

Five miles northeast of Burnet on Ranch Road 963.

Warden's Rocking W Ranch,

1900

2007

4712 FM 963 northwest of Burnet.

Duard Wilson Ranch,

1886

1992

One mile north of the Naruna community.

Wykes Ranch,

1879

1984

Twenty-three miles east of Burnet on FM 963.




Burnet County TXGenWeb

GO TO
Burnet Main Page | Photo Album | Military | Lineages | Marriages | Obituaries |
 

You are our 4212 visitor to this page.
Last update:  Saturday, 14-Sep-2013 13:53:29 MDT