Generation No. 1
1. SAMUEL KING was born September 08, 1837 in Missouri, and died July 07, 1901 in Burnet County Texas. [He was the son of Samuel McFarland and Jane Pricilla Morrow, who came to Burnet around 1852]* He married MUSIDORE LOUISA ROUNTREE June 13, 1854 in Burnet Co., Texas, daughter of JAMES ROUNTREE and MUSIDORA FLACK. She was born October 31, 1837 in Alabama, and died November 11, 1921 in Burnet County Texas. *Source: Burnet County History, Vol II, page 223
[Tombstone Photos] [Obituary of Musidore Rountree] [Family Photo]
Children of SAMUEL MCFARLAND and MUSIDORE ROUNTREE are:
i. EMILY JANE "JENNIE" MCFARLAND; died in infancy
ii. HIRAM MCFARLAND; died in infancy
iii. IRA MCFARLAND; died young
2. iv. SAMUEL LEWIS MCFARLAND, b. April 07, 1855, Tennessee; d. January 1930.
v. MARTHA "MATTIE" AMORETTA MCFARLAND, b. 1856.
3. vi. RUFUS JACKSON "JACK" MCFARLAND, b. April 09, 1858, Texas; d. July 12, 1944, Burnet County Texas.
vii. AMANDA OLIVIA (OLLIE) MCFARLAND, b. May 02, 1864, Burnet County Texas; d. March 17, 1886, Burnet County Texas. Burial: Old Burnet Cemetery, Burnet Co., Cemetery
viii. WILLIAM ALEXANDER (ALEX) MCFARLAND, b. September 28, 1875, Burnet County Texas; m. (1) SOPHIA PETERS; m. (2) BESSIE MCCOY (Ligon), September 28, 1892, Burnet County Texas; d. December 14, 1951.
4. ix. ROBERT RAY MCFARLAND, b. August 03, 1878, Burnet County Texas; d. December 01, 1944, Cleburne, Texas.
Generation No. 2
2. SAMUEL LEWIS MCFARLAND was born April 07, 1855 in Tennessee, and died January 1930. Burial: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. He married MARY ALICE BEAN October 10, 1877 in Lampasas County Texas. She was born December 15, 1859, and died November 1936.
Children of SAMUEL MCFARLAND and MARY BEAN are:
5. i. MUSIDORA GERTRUDE MCFARLAND, b. May 27, 1859; d. December 05, 1972.
6. ii. OLLIE MCFARLAND, b. December 29, 1864; d. March 17, 1886.
7. iii. MARTHA FRANCES MCFARLAND, b. May 24, 1881; d. 1969.
8. iv. KING CHARLES MCFARLAND, b. March 19, 1882; d. 1947, Corpus Christi, Texas.
v. ERNEST LEWIS MCFARLAND, b. October 15, 1883.
vi. SAMUEL PIERCY MCFARLAND, b. January 17, 1894; d. August 03, 1971; m. M. MILTON.
3. RUFUS JACKSON "JACK" MCFARLAND, was born April 09, 1858 in Texas, and died July 12, 1944 in Burnet County Texas. He married CORA EDNA JONES January 01, 1884 in Burnet
Co., Texas, daughter of JONES and ?. She was born September 16, 1866 in Texas, and died July 24, 1923 in Burnet County Texas.
[photo of Cora Edna Jones] [obituary of Cora (Jones) McFarland] [obituary of Rufus J. McFarland] [Photo of Rufus Jackson McFarland]
Children of RUFUS MCFARLAND and CORA JONES are:
i. BERTHA MCFARLAND, b. October 07, 1884; d. November 20, 1885. Infant daughter of Rufus J. & Cora McFarland.Buried in an isolated grave South of the Price Heffington (former Perry Garrett home) on FM 2341about 4 1/2 miles west of Burnet.
9. ii. LULA L. MCFARLAND, b. December 1886, Texas; d. September 23, 1939, San Joaquin Co., California.
10. iii. SAMUEL KING MCFARLAND, b. April 25, 1888, Burnet County Texas; d. March 19, 1954, Austin, Texas.
11. iv. ANNIE MCFARLAND, b. July 09, 1890, Burnet, Burnet Co;Texas; d. March 15, 1969, Burnet County Texas.
v. NORA MCFARLAND, b. March 04, 1892, Texas; d. November 1975, Sinton, San Patricio Co., Texas; m. ADAM CUMMINS, b. 20 Nov 1921; d. Apr 1978, Sinton, San Patricio Co., Texas.
12. vi. WILLIE J. MCFARLAND, b. September 07, 1893, Burnet County Texas; d. December 29, 1984, San Joaquin Co., California.
13. vii. RUFUS JACKSON MCFARLAND, Jr., b. August 25, 1895, Bexar Co., Texas; d. May 15, 1975, Bexar, Bexar Co., Texas.
14. viii. LILLIAN MCFARLAND, b. December 1898, Texas.
15. ix. CLIFTON CHOAT MCFARLAND, b. August 13, 1901, Burnet County Texas; d. November 03, 1955, Contra Costa Co., California.
x. THELENA MCFARLAND, b. December 10, 1907, Burnet County Texas; d. November 03, 1978, San Joaquin Co., California; m. (1) LEO YENA; m. (2) WES COPELAND.
4. ROBERT RAY MCFARLAND, was born August 03, 1878 in Burnet County Texas, and died December 01, 1944 in Cleburne, Texas. He married MARY THOMAS (MOLLIE) DEBO April 23, 1890 in Burnet County Texas. She was born December 23, 1876 in Burnet County Texas, and died May 24, 1932 in Cleburne, Texas.
Children of ROBERT MCFARLAND and MARY DEBO are:
16. i. JAMES DORR MCFARLAND, Sr., b. February 07, 1903, Burnet County Texas; d. January 16, 1999, Austin, Texas.
ii. CLARA LOUISE MCFARLAND, b. February 27, 1900; d. May 07, 1900. Burial: Debo Cemetery, Burnet County Texas
iii. FLORA MCFARLAND, b. April 07, 1901.
iv. CLARENCE ALEXANDER MCFARLAND, b. February 14, 1905; d. September 04, 1975.
v. SAMUEL LOUIS MCFARLAND, b. December 27, 1906.
vi. LORA RUTH MCFARLAND, b. August 02, 1909.
Generation No. 3
5. MUSIDORA GERTRUDE MCFARLAND was born May 27, 1859, and died December 05, 1972. She married HUGH BOYD FURMAN.
Children of MUSIDORA MCFARLAND and HUGH FURMAN are:
i. LOUISE9 FURMAN.
ii. HAROLD FURMAN.
6. OLLIE MCFARLAND, was born December 29, 1864, and died March 17, 1886. Burial: Old Burnet Cemetery, Burnet Co. She married JOHN WILLIAM WOMACK.
Children of OLLIE MCFARLAND and JOHN WOMACK are:
i. MADELYN WOMACK.
ii. BOBBY WOMACK.
iii. HELEN WOMACK.
iv. BILLY NELL WOMACK.
v. JEAN LORRAIN WOMACK.
7. MARTHA FRANCES MCFARLAND, was born May 24, 1881, and died 1969. She married WIOTTER ELLIS WOMACK.
Children of MARTHA MCFARLAND and WIOTTER WOMACK are:
i. LUCILLE WOMACK, m. CARL PHILIP KOCH.
ii. MARIE WOMACK.
iii. MILDRED WOMACK.
8. KING CHARLES MCFARLAND, was born March 19, 1882, and died 1947 in Corpus Christi, Texas. He married ERNA ERLINGER.
Children of KING MCFARLAND and ERNA ERLINGER are:
i. FLORA MCFARLAND.
ii. CONRAD LEWIS MCFARLAND.
9. LULA L. MCFARLAND, was born December 1886 in Texas, and died September 23, 1939 in San Joaquin Co., California, from Asthma Attack. Burial: Parkview Cemetery, Manteca, California. She married JOHN IRA FRAZIER,11 April 08, 1903 in Burnet County Texas, son of JOHN FRAZIER of Missouri and GENETTA "Nettie" DANIELS from Ireland. He was born March 07, 1880 in Missouri, and died September 02, 1955 in Stanislaus Co., California.
[Photo of Marriage Certificate] [Photo of John and sons]
JOHN IRA FRAZIER obit 1955
MANTECA. San Joaquin Co.
Funeral services will be conducted Tuesday at 2p.m. in P.I. Fry & Son Funeral Home for John Ira Frazier, 75, who died in a Modesto hospital yesterday after a lengthy illness.
Frazier, a retired farmer, had lived on East Yosemite Avenue since 1931 except for two years spent with a daughter inSacramento.
He was the husband of the late Lulu Frazier.
Surviving are six daughters, Mrs. Katherine Horstmeier of Sanfrancisco, Georgia May Robbins of Merced, Merced County, Nettie Curry of Manteca, Pauline Potter of Missouri, Elaine Olerrea of Escalon, San Joaquin County and Doris Stowers of Sacramento; four sons, Nolan Frazier of Santa Ana, Alvin of Pittsburg, Clifton of Oregon and Marvin of Pomona; a brother, Grover Frazier of Ohio; 25 grandchildren and 15 great grandchildren.
The Rev. Sidney Smith of the Federated Church will officiate and committal will be in Park View Cemetery.
Transcribed by Judy Ewbank
At age 17 John Ira ran away from his parents home. The story is that his father, a strict Catholic, had threatened to send him away to a Catholic School and John thought otherwise, so he left. He never returned.
Children of LULA MCFARLAND and JOHN FRAZIER are:
i. CORA LEE FRAZIER, m. L.R. JOHNSON.
ii. JACK THOMAS FRAZIER, b. January 05, 1904, Burnet County Texas; d. March 14, 1931, San Joaquin Co. California; m. SUSIE AMANDA ELLETT, July 31, 1923; b. August 02, 1904; d. May 20, 1997, possibly as a result of a car accident. Burial: Parkview Cemetery, Manteca, California
iii. NOLAN B. FRAZIER, b. August 04, 1905, Burnet County Texas; d. August 16, 2001, Lebanon, Linn Co., Oregon; m. ZEDA NELSON, November 19, 1927, Beeville, Texas; b. April 16, 1903; d. December 1986, Carson City, Nevada. Zeda was raised in an orphanage
Notes for NOLAN B. FRAZIER:
Apparently when Lula was giving birth to Nolan she was with " Aunt Bessie" during the birth. Traditionally the person in attendance at the time of childbirth becomes the "namesake" of that child. By Bessie being a female, Nolan was given the middle initial "B" in recognition of her presence at his birth.
(Could this be the Bessie Ligon who married William McFarland?)
POSTED: Saturday August 18, 2001
Nolan B. Frazier, 96, of Albany, died Wednesday at Villa Cascade Care Center in Lebanon.
Nolan B. Frazier
Aug. 4, 1905 - Aug. 16, 2001
Nolan B. Frazier, 96, of Albany, died Wednesday at Villa Cascade Care Center in Lebanon.
Born in Burnett, Texas, Mr. Frazier was the son of John and Lula (McFarland) Frazier. He married Zeda Ruth Nelson on Nov. 19, 1927, in Odam, Texas. His wife died Dec. 16, 1986.
Mr. Frazier was a cattleman and rancher most of his life and enjoyed hunting and fishing.
He is survived by daughter Barbara Bigler of Albany; son John of California; sisters Ellain O'Lera of Bend and Doris Stowers of Sacramento, Calif.; seven grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; and eight great-great-grandchildren. Five brothers and four sisters preceded him in death.
No public services have been scheduled at this time. DeMoss-Durdan Garden Chapel is handling arrangements.
iv. GEORGIA MAE FRAZIER, b. October 09, 1908, Texas; d. January 29, 1988, Sacramento, California; Burial: Parkview Cemetery, Manteca, California; m. J. W. ROBBINS.
v. ELMER ALVIN FRAZIER, b. March 28, 1911, Rochelle, Texas; d. May 03, 1974, Reno, Nevada; Burial: Parkview Cemetery, Manteca, California; m. GRACE JONES. Residence: Grass Valley, California 95945
vi. NETTIE HOLLAND FRAZIER, b. May 26, 1913, Texas; d. June 29, 1988, Sacramento, California; Burial: Parkview Cemetery, Manteca, California; m. FRANK CURRY.
Notes for NETTIE HOLLAND FRAZIER:
The story is that Aunt Nettie Holland was in attendance when Lula gave birth to Nettie, hence the name "Nettie Holland". Aunt Nettie was quite possibly the sister to John Ira Frazier.
vii. PAULINE MARIE FRAZIER, b. January 28, 1915, Texas; d. June 22, 1987, Sacramento, California; Burial: Parkview Cemetery, Manteca, California; m. ? POTTER.
viii. CLIFTON IRA FRAZIER, b. October 09, 1916, Brownsville, Cameron Co., Texas; d. October 25, 1995, Baker, Baker Co., Oregon; Cremation: Baker City, Oregon; m. (1) GRACE CHRISTINE BRUTON; b. Abt. 1923, Texas; m. (2) LOIS ELINOR ELY; b. March 24, 1929, Placer Co., California; d. March 29, 1997, Coquille, Coos Co., Oregon; burial: April 02, 1997, Sunset Memorial Park Mausoleum, Coos Bay, Coos Co., Oregon; cause of death: complications from diabetes.
CLIFTON I. FRAZIER
BAKER CITY - At his request no services were held for Clifton I. Frazier, 78, Baker City. He was born October 29, 1916 in Texas and died October 25, 1995 at Baker City.
Mr. Frazier lived at Coquille during the 1950's and 1960's. He worked at Douglas Fir Plywood Mill at Coquille and the Georgia Pacific Plywood Mill for a number of years.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War 2, and loved fishing and the outdoors. Survivors include three sons, John I. Frazier and Dan Frazier, both of Coquille, and David Frazier of Seattle; three daughters, Brenda Sorenson of Seattle, Patricia Rhay of Eugene, and Theresa Brown of Coquille; a brother, Nolan Frazier of Lebabnon; a sister, Doris Stowers of Sacramento, Calif,; 20 grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a son, Robert A. Frazier in 1965.
LOIS E. FRAZIER ISAACS
COQUILLE - An inurnment service for Lois E. Frazier Isaacs, 68, of Coquille, will begin at 2:00 p.m. Wednesday at Sunset Memorial Mausoleum, Coos Bay. Richard Denton of Victory Tabernacle, Coquille, will officiate. A long time resident of Coquille, she moved to the Oregon Coast in 1954. She married Leonard "Mike" Isaacs in 1978. Mrs. Isaacs enjoyed gardening and especially loved the ocean. She worked in the community where she was loved by many, according to her family, and will be truly missed.
Survivors include sons John Ira Frazier of Coquille, Dan Frazier of Myrtle Point and David Frazier of Seattle, Washington; daughters Brenda Sorenson of Seattle, Washington; Patricia Rhay and Theresa Bluaglove, both of Eugene; twin sister, Dolores Stahl of Doyle, California; 20 grandchildren and 10 great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Leonard "Mike" Isaacs in 1995; and a son, Robert A. Frazier in 1965.
ix. BABY BOY FRAZIER, b. 1919; d. 1919, Manteca, California. Burial: Parkview Cemetery, Manteca, California; Cause of Death: Stillborn
x. MARVIN WILSON FRAZIER, b. January 30, 1920, Texas; d. October 04, 1962, Contra Costa Co. California; m. INA EDITH LORRAINE COOLIDGE.
xi. JULIA ELAINE FRAZIER, b. 1922; m. NICK O' LERA.
xii. DORIS LOUISE FRAZIER, b. May 15, 1926, Cameron Co., Texas; m. LEE STOWERS.
10. SAMUEL KING MCFARLAND was born April 25, 1888 in Burnet County Texas, and died March 19, 1954 in Austin, Texas. He married BENNIE F. LIGON. She was born June 17, 1886 in Llano Co., Texas, and died May 30, 1958 in Burnet County Texas. Burial: June 01, 1958, Burnet Cemetery, Burnet, Burnet County Texas.
[Obituary of Bennie McFarland] [Obituary of Samuel King McFarland]
Child of SAMUEL MCFARLAND and BENNIE LIGON is:
i. BEN JACK MCFARLAND
11. ANNIE MCFARLAND was born July 09, 1890 in Burnet, Burnet Co., Texas, and died March 15, 1969 in Burnet County Texas. She married HUDSON HEREFORD.
Child of ANNIE MCFARLAND and HUDSON HEREFORD is:
i. MARIE HEREFORD, m. CLENDENAN.
12. WILLIE J. MCFARLAND was born September 07, 1893 in Burnet County Texas, and died December 29, 1984 in San Joaquin Co., California. She married (1) GIBSON. She married (2) HEREFORD.
Child of WILLIE MCFARLAND and HEREFORD is:
i. DOROTHY JANE HEREFORD, b. October 24, 1920, Burnet County Texas; d. September 28, 1991, San Joaquin Co., California; m. MEPPEN.
13. RUFUS JACKSON MCFARLAND Jr. was born August 25, 1895 in Bexar Co., Texas, and died May 15, 1975 in Bexar, Bexar Co., Texas. He served in the U.S. Navy. He married ZELMA ONETA MOFFETT March 29, 1918 in Burnet County Texas, daughter of JOSEPH MOFFETT and FRANCIS SMITH. She was born May 15, 1900 in Bandera, Bandera Co., Texas, and died April 27, 1941 in Burnet County Texas.
Children of RUFUS MCFARLAND and ZELMA MOFFETT are:
i. JACK HOWARD MCFARLAND, b. 1920; m. BETTE JANE KEITH.Notes for JACK HOWARD MCFARLAND: World War II News Source: Microfilmed Burnet Bulletin Burnet Bulletin 1 Jan 1942 Being aboard a ship which was torpedoed and sunk while enroute to Europe, losing an engine in a raid over Budapest, Hungary, being forced to return alone except for two trailing enemy fighters with whom he played hide and seek among the clouds were among the many adventures of Jack H. McFarland, 22, of Burnet, Texas, a fighter Pilot, who returned to Jefferson Barracks, Mo., today (Sept. 7) after 22 months service in England, North Africa and Italy.
"I am glad I went and you can bet I'm glad to be back." McFarland stated. "I learned a lot and saw many things I could not even have imagined if I had not seen them with my own eyes."
McFarland, who is the son of R.J. McFarland, 531 Highland Blvd., San Antonio, Texas, piloted P-38s, P-39s and P-51s during his 51 missions, 235 combat hours against the enemy. His exploits have won him the Distinguished Flying Cross and the Air Medal with 6 Oak Leaf Clusters, among other decorations.
McFarland entered the Air Corps at Kelly Field, Texas, July 27, 1940. He attended High School at Burnet Texas prior to his enlistment. Upon completion of a 21 day leave granted at Jefferson Barracks, Mo., he will report to the Air Corps for assignment to new duties.
More About JACK HOWARD MCFARLAND: Military service: 1942, Joined the United States Air Force
ii. HAROLD LA FRANCE MCFARLAND, b. June 14, 1918, San Antonio, Bexar Co., Texas; d. September 02, 1942. Cause of Death: Air Force Training
iii. MILDRED OLIVIA MCFARLAND, b. August 17, 1920, Burnet, Burnet County Texas; d. August 10, 1993, Tucson, Pima Co., Arizona; m. LLOYD TREMAINE FILE, January 15, 1951, Tokyo, Japan; b. January 07, 1913, Butte, Silver Bow Co, MT; d. April 12, 1985, Tucson, Pima Co., Arizona.Notes for MILDRED OLIVIA MCFARLAND: World War II News Source: Microfilmed Burnet Bulletin Burnet Bulletin 1 Jan 1942
McFARLAND, Mildred She left last week for San Antonio, where she reported to Ft Sam Houston as an Army nurse. She will enter the service as a Lieutenant. Miss Mildred has been employed at the Shepperd-Allen Hospital in Burnet for the past year.
More About MILDRED OLIVIA MCFARLAND: Military service: Army Nurse
14. LILLIAN MCFARLAND was born December 1898 in Texas. She married (1) CLYDE RAINEY. She married (2) BRUCE MCDANIEL.
Children of LILLIAN MCFARLAND and CLYDE RAINEY are:
i. DAYTON RAINEY.
ii. DOYLE RAINEY, d. July 13, 2002.
iii. DOROTHY RAINEY, m. VICK BISHCUP. Residence: Jackson, California
15. CLIFTON CHOAT MCFARLAND was born August 13, 1901 in Burnet County Texas, and died November 03, 1955 in Contra Costa Co., California. He married ANNIE LEE HESTER October 30, 1919 in Burnet County Texas, daughter of LOUIS HESTER and MARTHA HOLLAND. She was born February 08, 1901 in Burnet County Texas, and died March 30, 1948 in Sparks, Nevada. Burial: Mountain View Cemetery; Reno, Nevada
Children of CLIFTON MCFARLAND and ANNIE HESTER are:
i. EDITH MCFARLAND, b. January 09, 1922, Burnet County Texas.
ii. LOUIS HENRY MCFARLAND.
iii. CLIFTON MCFARLAND, b. July 28, 1923, Burnet County Texas.
16. JAMES DORR SR. MCFARLAND was born February 07, 1903 in Burnet County Texas, and died January 16, 1999 in Austin, Texas. Burial: Austin Memorial Park. He married PHYLLIS SHORT June 01, 1930.
Children of JAMES MCFARLAND and PHYLLIS SHORT are:
i. JAMES MCFARLAND, m. PAT.
ii. SAM MCFARLAND, d. 1989; m. CAROLYN