Notes from submitter:
- Born April 9, 1923 in Dexter, Maine, he was always
known by his family (grandparents, aunts, uncles,
cousins) as Douglas, or just "Doug."
- His mother died in 1935 when Doug was eleven years
old, and his father was killed in an industrial accident
in 1938 when Doug was fourteen, leaving him and his
younger sister orphaned. Our grandfather was appointed
their guardian, and they both graduated high school at
Maine Central Institute in Pittsfield, Maine.
- I don't know exactly when Doug entered the Army, but
the pictures I have of him in uniform are dated 1943, and
I also don't know how long he served in the military.
- He was involved in oil exploration in Saudi Arabia in
the late 1940s and early 1950s, and was employed many
years by Texas Instruments.
- Doug died in Burnet October 6, 1994, and was buried
in Lakeland Hills Memorial Park.