|Hairston Creek News
- Of all the Christmas times, this has been the quitest on Hairston, no drinking to amount to anything.
- Mr. Ben Schooley and George Smith are visiting in Austin.
- Mr. Adam Cummins of the A. & M. College is spending Xmas holidays with his parents.
- Miss Alta Sylvester spent a day or so in our community this week.
- Mr. John Schooley, who has a position in Austin, will return. He spent Xmas with the home folks.
- Misses Rowney, Holland and McAllister are spending holidays at home.
- Several of the young people went kodaking, but happened to the misfortune of breaking the kodak.
- Mrs. Sylvester of Burnet visited Mrs. Price Kinser a few days past.
- Mr. John Woods is visiting at Bluffton.
- All enjoyed the party Xmas night at Mr. Jim Jennings.
- A singing was given by Mr. Crow Sunday night.
- A glorious New Year to all Burnet County, and everybody
else. We had a merry Christmas. Have heard of nobody being
hoggish drunk. While it is good to be a total abstainer, it is
better to be moderate and temperate. We had parties and frolics
galore, and prayer-meetings some, and we are sorry to say that a good
many more attended the parties than the prayer-meeting. Lord help
us, where are we at?
- Had a big kinfolk dinner at C. P. Thompson's last Wednesday. Poor old turkey!
- There was a pleasant entertainment at Mr. John Parry's Friday night.
- Had a box supper at Sam Taylor's Wednesday night, which was a social success.
- There was a social entertainment at H. R. Barber's Christmas night, and a jolly good time was had.
- Mr. George Price has been home through Christmas, but we understand he has gone back to his position at Galveston.