GEORGE WASHINGTON NORRIS was born November 17, 1812 in South Carolina, and died December 20, 1891 in Burnet County, Texas. He is buried in Hoover Valley Cemetery. He married MARTHA JANE HATCHER 1833 in Kentucky. She was born 1811 in Tennessee, and died in Grayson County, Texas.
Child of GEORGE NORRIS and MARTHA HATCHER is:
1 GEN. SOLOMON NORRIS, b. December
12, 1834, Kentucky; d. June 09, 1907, Burnet County, Texas. He is
buried at Hoover Valley Cemetery.
...+ (1) NANCY CANDIS WHITE married February 20, 1866 in Grayson County, Texas, the daughter of GEORGE WHITE and CANDIS ALLBRIGHT, who was born August 24, 1811 and died February 26, 1897 in Burnet County, Texas (Hoover Valley Cemetery). NANCY CANDIS WHITE was born 1847 in New Hampshire, and died July 11, 1879 in Burnet County, Texas. She is buried in Hoover Valley Cemetery
...+ (2) SARAH HASTINGS.
[Notes for SARAH HASTINGS: The author of this lineage entered the year 1857 beside Sarah's name. It is not determined what this year represents--perhaps her birth date?]
Notes for GEN. SOLOMON NORRIS:
- Date of Arrival in Burnet County: 1873, Hoover Valley
- Solomon Norris, his father, George Washington Norris, and brother, Thomas Norris, came to Burnet County in 1873.
- Solomon and family lived in the log cabin west of Hoover Valley Cemetery until a larger house was built a few years later. George Washington Norris also lived on this land a little nearer the Colorado River, and south of the still-standing log cabin.
- Thomas Norris lived east of Hoover Valley Cemetery. The log cabin still stands, and the land belongs to descendants of Thomas Norris.
- Also, the mother-in-law, Candis Allbright White, came to Burnet County with the Norris families. Both Solomon and Thomas Norris married daughters of Candis White.
- Solomon Norris is buried in Hoover Cemetery, as are many of the Norris family.
Children of SOLOMON NORRIS and NANCY WHITE are:
1.1 MARY JANE NORRIS, b. November 03, 1858, Missouri; d. May 26, 1926; m. TOM VANCE MORGAN, April 12, 187, [Year of marriage not legible].
1.2 VIRGINIA NORRIS, b. Abt. 1862, Texas; d. Abt. 1882; m. WYATT MCALLISTER.
Marriage Notes for VIRGINIA NORRIS and WYATT MCALLISTER:
Virginia Norris married Wyatt McAllister. After her death, her sister Louvenia Clendennon Norris married Wyatt McAllister.
1.3 THOMAS JONES NORRIS, b. February 06, 1867, Tioga, Grayson County, Texas; d. May 31, 1943; m. TELIATHA CATHERINE PEPPER, May 03, 1888.
1.4 LOUVENIA CLENDENNON NORRIS, b. January 03, 1869, Tioga, Grayson County, Texas; d. January 19, 1913; m. WYATT MCALLISTER.
1.5 JOHN PETER NORRIS, b. January 24, 1871, Grayson County, Texas; m. HETTIE HOOVER. He is buried at Lone Grove, Llano County, Texas. [see Hettie Hoover's ancestry]
1.6 THEODOSIA CANDIS NORRIS, b. August 31, 1872, Grayson County, Texas; d. August 22, 1960, Corsicana, Navarro County; m. G. B. SCOTT, SR. , December 16, 1894.
1.7 BENJAMIN AMBROSE NORRIS, b. November 10, 1874; m. NORA DAVIS, November 16, 1904.
1.8 NOAH WEBSTER NORRIS, b. May 01, 1877, Burnet County, Texas; d. 26 Dec 1951; m. Ida Hasty, 12 Feb 1910.
Person Furnishing Information:
Vivian Baker Rogers
Rt. 2, Box 288
Burnet, Texas 78611