KETCHUM--Bandera Texas, March 23--C. V. Ketchum died March 21. He was born June 11, 1839, near Springfield, Ill., and came with his parents to Limestone County, Tex., when he was 9 years old. Later he moved to Caldwell County. At the beginning of the war between the States he went to San Marcos and enlisted. After serving through the war he returned to his home in Caldwell county, where he married Miss Susan A. Eustace, and reared a family of six children, two sons, Messrs. T. E. and R. H. Ketchum, and four daughters, Mesdames W. Bullock, B. M. Ussery, F. H. Huebner and A. K. Bonner. He is survived by his six children, his wife having died ten years ago. At the time of his death, which followed a lingering illness, he was at the home of his daughter, Mrs. B. M. Ussery, and was attended by his children, grandchildren and great-grand babies, also his niece, grandnieces and their families. He was buried by the side of his late wife in the Masonic Cemetery at Prarie Lea. Pallbearers were Messrs. Charlie Conley, H. N. Reed, D. C. Robinett, B. L Echols, L. Bishop and W. C. Hall.
Chester married Susan Anne Hancock EUSTACE daughter of Joseph Neal EUSTACE and Frances Emily HANCOCK on 6 Jun 1865 in Caldwell Co., Texas. Susan was born on 4 Jun 1845 in Alabama. She died on 26 Sep 1901 in Texas. She was buried in Masonic Cemetery, Prairie Lea, Texas. Eustace family information acknowledgement: Barbara Langham, USA
Chester and Susan had the following children:
2. F i. Martha C. KETCHUM was born in 1866 in Texas. She died after Mar 1912. Martha married W. S. COCHRAN on 9 Jan 1884 in Caldwell Co., Texas.
3. F ii. Elizabeth Manila KETCHUM "Betty" was born on 11 Nov 1867 in Caldwell County, Texas. She died on 8 Aug 1959. She was buried in Highsmith Cemetery, Guadalupe Co., Texas.
Elizabeth married Abner Martin USSERY son of Mastin USSERY and Sarah Jane MARTIN. Abner was born on 3 Mar 1861 in Caldwell Co., TX. He died on 7 Sep 1928 in Luling, Caldwell County, TX. He was buried in Highsmith Cemetery, Guadalupe Co., Texas. Abner is on the Guadalupe County, TX roster of WWI servicemen, with a date of Oct. 28-31, 1919.
4. M iii. Thomas E. KETCHUM was born in Sep 1871 in Texas. He died after Mar 1912. Living with cousin Green Berry Ketchum, Jr. in Tom Green Texas county in 1900.
5. F iv. Fannie KETCHUM was born in 1872 in Texas. She died after Mar 1912.
6. F v. Cora Louella KETCHUM was born on 4 Jan 1874 in Luling, Texas. She died on 12 Mar 1935 in Houston, TX. She was buried in Oak Grove Cemetery, Nacogdoches, Texas.
Cora married Archibald King BONNER on 22 Feb 1893 in Luling, Texas. Archibald was born on 11 Jul 1874. He died on 15 May 1929.
7. M vi. Richard Harlan KETCHUM was born on 27 Feb 1876 in Caldwell County, Texas. He died on 27 Jul 1930 in Deweyville, Newton County, Texas. He was buried in Stockdale, Texas.
Went to check his cows before leaving on a wolf hunt with neighbors. When he failed to return from the cow pens they went to check and found him dead of "acute indigestion". (heart attack?)
Richard married (1) Ora Mae HEATHCOCK .
Richard married (2) Fannie Lou GARNER . Fannie was buried in Stockdale, Texas.