This information was found in the form of a calendar: 1848-1848 Linden Centennial Calendar, Centennial Celebration June 27, 28 & 29, 1948, Sponsored by the Lions Club of Linden, Texas.
Mr. C.A. Kesseler moved here from Jefferson and established the Cass County Sun in 1876. He operated the paper until 1888 when he sold it to Rev. J.W. Erwin, who later sold it to his son, J.C. Erwin, who sold it to J.E.A. Banger in 1895.
Mr. Banger and his wife, Mrs. Lou Banger, the present owner, edited and published the paper until 1909 when W.L. Erwin was associated with the operation of the paper for many years, but who recently retired. Mrs. Lou Banger is now sole owner, editor and publisher, with the able assistance of her daughter, Mrs. E.S. Cochran and grandson, Charles Banger Cochran.
The Sun has been run since it was started by one family, as J.E.A. Banger was a foster brother of Mr. C.A. Kessler. The fourth generation is now at work in the office, Rev. J.W. Erwin, his daughter, Mrs. Lou Banger; her daughter, Mrs. E.S. Cochran, her son Charles Banger Cochran.
The paper has been published in the same frame building until October 24, 1947, when they moved into their new brick building. They also have the old George Washington press that the paper was started with, which was sunk in the Red River near Shreveport during the Civil War.