[ view marker]
|The Perry Cemetery
This Cemetery Opened
with the Burial of Sarah Huffman (Mrs. A. W. )Perry in 1896. Nearby
was the Union Baptist Church, which stood on land given by A. W.
Perry. On Feb 18, 1897, he deeded land for this cemetery - The First
burial ground associated with the town of Carrollton. After it
opened, a few burials were brought from private sites and reinterred
here. The union church land was added to the cemetery about
1911, after the church moved away. The Rev. John M. Myers, A
son of Union's founding pastor, is buried here with his wife. Most
of the 482 graves are for pioneer families.