Latitude
Longitude
314116N
0950124W

Cherokee County, Texas

      BERRYMAN CEMETERY  

    

(photo by Kaye Slover)

 

Berryman Cemetery is located 3 miles northeast of Alto, on the old Forest Hills Plantation on CR 2501, .6 miles east of FM 241. The log house known as Forest Hills was built in 1847 on the property that was part of the original grant for which James Dill, first alcalde of Nacogdoches, petitioned the Spanish government in 1802. 

Number of graves: 13

Dates of Burial: 1849 -1986

Berryman, Capt. Henry     23 Feb 1798 - 20 Jul  1859  Death Certificate   Obituary
Berryman, Josephine         13 Jan 1839 - 21 Apr 1849
Berryman, Mrs. Helena     8 Sep 1804 - 13 Mar 1888  Photo
Berryman, W.H.                18 Mar 1844 - 14 Feb 1922
Berryman, Elmina Harrison 29 Jul 1846 - 19 Dec 1895
Berryman, Henry Harrison  4 Sep 1870 - 26 Sep 1945 Death Certificate
Berryman, Emma Watters   4 Feb 1873 - 24 Oct 1946 Death Certificate  Photo
Berryman, Bernice              2 Sep 1882 - 6 Apr 1907
Dishman, Virginia                Sep 1860 - Aug 1861

Capt. Henry Newton Berryman was a West Point graduate and was married
to Marie Helena Dill and had five children: Georgiana, Josephine, Newton
Monroe, Henry Waters and Virginia
 

Copyright 2006  to present Kaye Slover

HOME