John [James] and Mary lived in Jones County in 1888 where John freighted from Anson to Abilene. They had several head of cattle. In 1894, they moved to Silverton, then later the same year, by ox wagon to Farmer community in Crosby County, then in January, 1895 to Estacado. John ran a store at Estacado and also the mail route from Estacado to Floydada using a two-wheel cart.
John and Mary had 9 children.
- Henry Etta Bryant was born Nov. 5, 1872 in Fannin County and died Oct. 24, 1964 in Matador. She is buried in Matador. Henry Etta married Walter Reeves, a cowboy, January 1, 1892 in Anson, Texas. They had seven children: A son died in infancy, Verline Eugenia, Robert, Maisy, Elbert, Lee and Roy.
- John Dunn (Dee) Bryant was born July 5, 1875 and died April 22, 1929. He is buried in Durant, OK. John´s first wife, Ida, and second wife, Nadine. Two sons, Floyd L. (Buster) and Acie.
- Cornelia (Nelia) Bryant Becton was born August 17, 1877 near Honey Grove, and died July 22, 1968 and is buried in Becton Cemetery. Nelia married Abner McGowin Becton May 8, 1898 and had nine children: Frederick Edward, James Orville, Mable Elizabeth, Abner Mack, David Albert, Ora Bell, William Bryant, Verlin Adline, and Joe Brown.
- Arthur Bryant born Nov. 21, 1880
- Homer Virgil Bryant was born December 24, 1882 and died September 23, 1958 and is buried in Estacado. he never married. Labon William (Gaud) Bryant was born November 28,1884 in Fannin county and died July 1, 1959. He is buried in Estacado. Never married.
- Edward Franklin Bryant was born May 19, 1887 and died Sept. 6, 1948. He married Maud Brandon and had one daughter, Elizabeth.
- Herbert Lee Bryant was born Jan. 11, 1890. He married Helen Copeland and had four children: H.L., Sidney Edgar, Joseph L., and Mary Ann.
- May Sue Bryant was born Nov. 16, 1891 near Anson, Texas and died Aug. 11, 1962. She is buried in Olton. May married Albert J. Beckner and had seven children: Albert Lee, Farrah Elizabeth, Clayton E., Roy, Georgia Fae and Jack L.
- Andrew Collin Bryant was born April 9, 1894 near Anson, TX and died Nov. 11, 1949. He married Myrle Thomas Aug. 9, 1922 and had four children: Andrew Collin, Jr. (A.C.), Buddy James Malcom, Dorothy Jean, and Wilber Thomas.
- (Written by Mrs. Buster Bryant)
Crosby County History 1876-1977
This site may be freely linked to but not duplicated in any fashion without my consent.
The information on these pages is meant for personal genealogical research only and is not for commercial use of ANY type.