Gideon Cox was born 12 July 1822 in Holly Spring MM, N.C. and died 22 January 1892 in Estacado, Texas. Source: 1883 Certificate to Estacado Monthly Meeting, Texas. He was the son of William Cox and Elizabeth Hinshaw. His first wife was Huldah Mendenhall, born Oct 25, 1824 in Springfield, Guilford, NC, she died in Holly Spring, Randolph, NC on May 18, 1857. Five known children were born this union, they were:
Gideon then married Asenath Barker the 30th of Sept. 1858 in Holly Spring, Randolph, NC.; five known children were born to this union. They were:
- Anson Cox M b. 5 Oct 1844 Randolph, NC
- Paris Cox M b. 17 Oct 1846 Randolph, NC
- Larkin Cox M b. 17 Mar 1849 Randolph, NC
- Esther Cox F b. 6 Jan 1852 Randolph, NC.
- William Cox M b. 8 Feb 1854 Rancolph, NC
- Hulda E. Cox F b. 3 Jul 1859 Orange Co., NC
- Arlando Cox M b. 15 Aug 1861 Randolph, NC
- Orlando Cox M b. 15 Aug 1861 Rancolph, NC
- Manly M. Cox M b. 11 Oct 1863, Orange Co., NC
- Oliver G. Cox M b. 7 Jul 1867 Orange Co., NC.
Information submitted by: Marla Brown
None submitted to date
This site may be freely linked to but not duplicated in any fashion without my consent.
The information on these pages is meant for personal genealogical research only and is not for commercial use of ANY type.