On September 6, 1915, some four years after the town of Ralls was started, one of its citizens, Mr. W.H.Shell, passed away and was buried in a plot of ground in the present cemetery. The grounds at that time had not been platted into lots and blocks, but was soon thereafter.
Crosby Cunty has only one above ground burial, the grave of John R. Ralls, founder of the city of Ralls. Ralls died October 19, 1921 and as he had requested his brother, Percy, build a two crypt mausoluem on the lot John R. owned in the Ralls cemetery. The mausoluem was opened for public viewing each Memorial Day until the death of Dollie Ralls, at which time the mausolum was sealed permanently.
*Texas Historical Commission marker "John R. Ralls Nov. 13, 1862 - Oct. 19, 1921 Born on a Monroe County, Ga., plantation; came to Texas, 1890. In 1906, traded flourishing general store for 10,000-acre ranch. Founded Ralls, 1911, at point where Crosbyton-South Plains Railroad crossed land. Donated land for townsite and gave 12 acres for first school, built most of business houses including first theater. Gave lots plus half of construction costs for all churches in town."
If the exact location of a grave is wanted, contact the city office or the
Burial Order and Map of Cemetery under construction