Bringing Legends to Life
Dickens County, Texas
Our Heritage Our Heart Our Home
Welcome to Dickens County . . . Its Land and People.
This is beautiful ranch land that is rich in wonderful history. I hope you will find this site helpful in your search for your ancestors and find the charm that Dickens County possesses. We are very proud to be sponsoring Dickens County and this site will be continually updated.
Any information beneficial to this site is welcome, please e-mail Linda Fox Hughes
The Mike Basham Memorial TXGenWeb Award was initiated to recognize the efforts of the county sponsors providing outstanding resources and assistance to county visitors. If you would like to nominate any county for this award - make your nomination on this form.
Vote for your Favorite County
If you would like to sponsor a county in the TXGenWeb, whether you are a resident or not, please contact our State Coordinator Shirley Cullum. This site is proud to be a part of the USGenWeb Project; if we have violated copyright laws, privacy laws, or redneck laws, please contact us and it will be corrected.
"Do not protect yourself from grief by a fence, but rather by your friends."-- Czech Proverb
There are places we all come from deep-rooty places that make us who we are. And we disdain them or treat them lightly at our peril. We turn our backs on them at the risk of self-contempt. There is a sense in which we need to go home again and can go home again. Not to recover home, no. But to sanctify memory. Though hard it is to explain, the old legend is correct....there is treasure there. Robert Fulghum
- History of Dickens County
- Maps and Land Survey Location of Dickens in Texas; Map of entire County, showing population and altitude. Link to a very detailed map of Dickens showing communities and canyons.
Neighboring Counties:[ Floyd ] [ Motley ] [ Cottle ]
[Crosby ] [ DICKENS] [ King ]
[ Garza ] [ Kent ] [Stonewall]
Master List of All Texas Counties
Map Based List of All Texas Counties
- Letter of Welcome Historical Commission Chairman Sends "Greetings"
- Online Roundup Links to Personal Webpages of Family Histories with a Dickens Brand.
- Remembering Pearl Harbor Story of Survivor.
- Honored Dickens Heroes Those who gave their life for our Country.
- County Officials Past through Present.
- Duck Creek in the 1800s A journal by Jo A.P. Dickson in 1877 on Duck Creek.
- Dickens County Its Land and People HISTORY BOOK
- A History of Dickens County, Rolling Plains and Ranches Link to Portal of Texas
- Our Wonderful Contributors
- Dickens County Courthouse addresses, information on records, History and Building of Courthouse.
- County Jail Picture, history, story of jailbreak.
- Dickens Historical Museum
- Cemeteries of Dickens County - "Boothill"
Cemeteries of the county, histories, burial listings including obituaries and biographies.
- City Folk Towns and Communities of Dickens County
- Historical Markers of Dickens County Link to Pictures of most.
- Dickens Springs - Pictures
- Schools of Dickens County
- Rootsweb Websites for Dickens County County Resources with Search Engine.
- County Lookup Volunteers Volunteers with tracking information.
- County Resources Places to look, people to see.
- Dickens County Bookends Bibliographies of Dickens County.
- Newspapers of Dickens County, TX Name of paper, years published and microfilm dates.
- Marriage Records
- Census Records Neighbors lived 20 to 30 miles apart.
- Birth Records
- Death Records
- Afton, Texas Obituaries
- Dickens, Texas Obituaries
- McAdoo, Texas Obituaries
- Spur, Texas Obituaries
- Dickens Military Veteran Tribute and Service Records of WW I and II, Korea and Vietnam
- Postoffices and Postmasters of Dickens County, Texas
- Southwest Collection Records of County A partial list of what I have found there so far.
- Trivia on County Facts on first and last happenings in Dickens County.
- Search WPA Life Histories in Texas
- Rootsweb Social Security Death Index
- Community Network
- Spur Chamber of Commerce
- Hwy 70 Association Annual Garage Sale
- Calendar of Events Check out events and add your FAMILY or CLASS REUNIONS.
HOT OFF THE PRESS!DICKENS COUNTY HISTORICAL MAPS NOW AVAILABLE. Send name and address of where to send map (donations happily accepted) to:
- Dickens County Historical Commission
- c/o Dickens County
- P.O. Box 179
- Dickens, TX 79229
- call Harry Bob Martin 806-294-5401
Wanted Dead or AliveDickens County Mailing List: just hit the send button on your e-mail form; automatically subscribed.
\/ Happy Huntin´
Don't Spur the Horse
if you don't know where you're going.
[Return to Top of Page]
SEO DirectoryLast Update: Friday, 08-Mar-2013 05:29:31 MST
Y´all come back soon, Y'hear?
©1997-2013 Linda Hughes & Dickens County Historical Commission
To the best of our knowledge, all clip art and graphics shown on this site are in the public domain. These graphics come from public clip art sites and user contributions. So far as we know, none are bound by copyright restrictions. If you see a graphic that you know to be under copyright on the site, notify us and we will either remove it immediately or credit given in appreciation.