Descendants of John Freeman
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN2 FREEMAN
(SAMUEL1) was born Abt. 1793 in Va., and died October 12, 1859 in
Randolph Co., Ala.. He married SARA BOLES MCCORD May 04, 1822 in
Newall, Ala.. She was born August 18, 1804 in Newall, Ala., and
died May 18, 1892 in Newall, Ala..
Notes for JOHN FREEMAN:
Lived at one time at Walton Co., Ga. Drafted into army in war of 1812 in Lincoln Co., Ga., after war lived for 2 years Morgan Co., Ga., then moved to Walton Co., Ga. This info from NARA pension recordsMay be son of Samuel Freeman, Sr. (unverified)
More About JOHN FREEMAN:
Fact 1: August 23, 1813, drafted into the military at Lincoln Court House, Linvoln Co., Ga..
Fact 2: Served until 3/2/1814 as a private in Capt. Richard's co. of Ga. Militia
Fact 3: Was in a battle with the Indians at Calebee Swamp.
Children of JOHN FREEMAN and SARA MCCORD are:
2. i. JAMES LEVIN3 FREEMAN, b. March 22, 1841, Boaz, Ala.; d. April 22, 1926.
ii. MARY ANN FREEMAN, b. Unknown.
iii. MARTHA T. FREEMAN, b. November 10, 1833.
iv. REBECCA FREEMAN, b. Unknown.
v. HENRY F. FREEMAN, b. Abt. 1845.
Generation No. 2
2. JAMES LEVIN3
FREEMAN (JOHN2, SAMUEL1) was born March 22, 1841 in Boaz, Ala.,
and died April 22, 1926. He married HENRIETTA SCARBOROUGH October
1856 in Boaz, Ala.. She was born January 01, 1883 in Boaz, Ala.,
and died December 17, 1903 in Boaz, Ala..
Notes for JAMES LEVIN FREEMAN:
After discharge from Confederate Army became a Methodist minister, was sent to Siloam Springs, Ark.. In the book, "History of Methodism in Alabama and Western Florida" he is mentioned 19 times.
In a book by John Tal Murphree entitled "Giant of a Century Trail" the following quote:" In December 1916 Don Brasher delivered the semi-centennial address - a sermon of exquisite beauty honoring the men who had organized the conference 50 years earlier - Three charter members still live: L.A. Clifton, C.C. Benson & J.L. Freeman, the dramatic, the great-hearted, the eloquent man who
loved all people and was loved by all of them in return. (page 95 of said book)
More About JAMES LEVIN FREEMAN:
Fact 1: May 14, 1862, enlisted Co.G., 47th. Ala. Infantry at Wedowee, Ala. (age 21)
Fact 2: 1862, elected Lieutenant
Fact 3: June 1883, promoted to Captain
Fact 4: August 09, 1862, wounded, Jacksons Div., Cedar Run, Va.
Fact 5: hospitalized in Stanton & Richmond, Va.
Fact 6: Medical card #50262748
Fact 7: Discharge date unknown
Children of JAMES FREEMAN and HENRIETTA SCARBOROUGH are:
3. i. JAMES MONROE4 FREEMAN, b. August 06, 1866, Boaz, Ala.; d. July 25, 1920, Clarendon, Tex..
ii. JOHN AVERY FREEMAN, b. March 14, 1861.
iii. ELIZABETH FREEMAN, b. March 18, 1866.
iv. REBECCA JANE FREEMAN, b. July 06, 1868.
v. MARY FRANCES FREEMAN, b. Unknown.
Generation No. 3
3. JAMES MONROE4
FREEMAN (JAMES LEVIN3, JOHN2, SAMUEL1) was born August 06, 1866
in Boaz, Ala., and died July 25, 1920 in Clarendon, Tex.. He
married MARTHA ELIZABETH THOMPSON. She was born March 02, 1862 in
Boaz, Ala., and died December 11, 1925 in Birmingham, Al..
Children of JAMES FREEMAN and MARTHA THOMPSON are:
4. i. ADA5 FREEMAN, b. February 28, 1883, Boaz, Ala.; d. March 23, 1965, Claypool, Arizona.
5. ii. DOLLIE FREEMAN, b. April 15, 1881, Alabama; d. June 27, 1945, Ashtola, Tx..
iii. JIMMIE FREEMAN, b. June 22, 1889.
iv. J.L. FREEMAN, b. February 17, 1898.
Generation No. 4
4. ADA5 FREEMAN
(JAMES MONROE4, JAMES LEVIN3, JOHN2, SAMUEL1) was born February
28, 1883 in Boaz, Ala., and died March 23, 1965 in Claypool,
Arizona. She married JAMES COBB HARRIS January 02, 1900 in Boaz,
Ala., son of WILLIAM HARRIS and TEMPERANCE COWAN. He was born
February 22, 1873 in Altoona, Ala., and died May 27, 1947 in
More About JAMES COBB HARRIS:
Fact 1: birth location also shown as Murphree Valley, Al.
Children of ADA FREEMAN and JAMES HARRIS are:
6. i. JAMES DAVID6 HARRIS, b. December 26, 1900, Boaz, Az.; d. April 16, 1987, Phoenix, Az..
7. ii. CARL HARRIS, b. August 08, 1903, Boaz, Ala.; d. 1986, Phoenix, Ariz..
8. iii. MARY HAZEL HARRIS, b. January 01, 1906; d. 1997, Paradise, Cal..
9. iv. MILDRED OSTELLA HARRIS, b. March 17, 1908, Clarendon, Tx.; d. 1988, Raton, N.M..
5. DOLLIE5 FREEMAN (JAMES MONROE4, JAMES LEVIN3, JOHN2, SAMUEL1) was born April 15, 1881 in Alabama, and died June 27, 1945 in Ashtola, Tx.. She married JAMES FRANKLIN WHITE in Alabama. He was born May 09, 1867, and died October 19, 1914 in Ashtola, Tx..
Children of DOLLIE FREEMAN and JAMES WHITE are:
i. JETTIE6 WHITE, b. Abt. 1902; d. Abt. 1902.
10. ii. JOHN MONROE WHITE, b. February 27, 1904; d. September 08, 1975, Ashtola, Tx..
iii. LUTHER PATRICK WHITE, b. April 28, 1900; d. May 05, 1967, Ashtola, Tx..
iv. RALPH WHITE, b. September 01, 1908; d. September 06, 1915.
Generation No. 5
6. JAMES DAVID6
HARRIS (ADA5 FREEMAN, JAMES MONROE4, JAMES LEVIN3, JOHN2,
SAMUEL1) was born December 26, 1900 in Boaz, Az., and died April
16, 1987 in Phoenix, Az.. He married ADA BETH SPARKS.
Children of JAMES HARRIS and ADA SPARKS are:
i. RALPH7 HARRIS, b. 1944.
ii. JIMMY RAY HARRIS, b. 1948.
7. CARL6 HARRIS (ADA5 FREEMAN, JAMES MONROE4, JAMES LEVIN3, JOHN2, SAMUEL1) was born August 08, 1903 in Boaz, Ala., and died 1986 in Phoenix, Ariz.. He married CLAIRE BEATRICE RISLEY October 04, 1924 in Memphis, Texas, daughter of ADAM RISLEY and ICY STANFORD. She was born February 26, 1907 in Caddo Mills, Texas.
More About CARL HARRIS:
Fact 1: 1903, believe full name to be John Carl Harris (unverified)
Fact 2: Multiple marriages or liasons
Child of CARL HARRIS and CLAIRE RISLEY is:
i. BILLIE NELL7 HARRIS, b. August 18, 1926, Clarendon Tx.;
8. MARY HAZEL6 HARRIS (ADA5 FREEMAN, JAMES MONROE4, JAMES LEVIN3, JOHN2, SAMUEL1) was born January 01, 1906, and died 1997 in Paradise, Cal.. She married JOE HUMPHREY in Clarendon Tx..
Child of MARY HARRIS and JOE HUMPHREY is:
i. MILDRED EVELYN7 HUMPHREY, b. May 05, 1926.
9. MILDRED OSTELLA6 HARRIS (ADA5 FREEMAN, JAMES MONROE4, JAMES LEVIN3, JOHN2, SAMUEL1) was born March 17, 1908 in Clarendon, Tx., and died 1988 in Raton, N.M.. She married FLOYD RUTHERFORD. He was born in Armstrong Co.,Tx., and died August 27, 1992.
Child of MILDRED HARRIS and FLOYD RUTHERFORD is:
i. TOMMY LOU7 RUTHERFORD, b. January 1945.
10. JOHN MONROE6 WHITE (DOLLIE5 FREEMAN, JAMES MONROE4, JAMES LEVIN3, JOHN2, SAMUEL1) was born February 27, 1904, and died September 08, 1975 in Ashtola, Tx.. He married RUBY DEATON. She was born September 19, 1905, and died 1996 in Clarendon Tx..
Children of JOHN WHITE and RUBY DEATON are:
i. JAMES FRANKLIN7 WHITE, b. February 05, 1925; m. LANELLE REID.
ii. JERRY EUGENE WHITE, b. November 22, 1933.