Historic Downtown Photographs
Use your browser's back button to return to this page.
West side of Courthouse Square, circa 1870.
North/Northeast corner of downtown Waxahachie, c. 1871. The building on the left is Marchbank's Grocery and the building on the right is the Siddon's Hotel. Present day Rogers Hotel sits on site of Siddons. White material in foreground is construction material for third courthouse.
Waxahachie National Bank building on the corner of Franklin & College Streets, downtown square, Waxahachie. This structure was constructed in 1891 and torn down circa 1973.
Thornhill Moving & Storage Company, circa 1905.
West side of downtown square, Waxahachie, ca.1938. View is looking south on Rogers St. from Main St.
Moore Hardware Store, corner of Jefferson & College Streets, circa 1915. Employees show off tractors for sale.
Guaranty State Bank, corner of Franklin & Rogers Streets, courthouse square, circa 1920's. Building still exists as the County Clerk's office.
Downtown square looking southeast along Franklin St. View is of east/south side of square during election, circa 1915.
Dixie Theater, downtown Waxahachie. Later became the Texas Theater on the North side of the square. Photo is circa 1915.
Curlin's Drug Store, corner of College & Main St's. during its grand opening, circa 1910.
View of Ellis County Courthouse, looking west at the east entrance and looking west down Main St., circa 1919. Note subterranean restroom facility, built ca. 1918 and demolished for handicapped access ca. 1991. Also in Main St. note tracks for the mule car line.
Waxahachie's City Hall and Fire Station on the corner of Main & Elm Streets. The building was constructed in 1892 and torn down in 1964.
Citizens National Bank at its third location on the corner of Rogers and Main Streets. The tower is now gone from this existing landmark building.