|Old Cemetery||The Missions always had a cemetery near the Mission which many time had to be moved to the outskirts as the town grew. In 1882 the Catholic Church bought an acre of ground at 401 South Zaragosa Road for the sum of $15.00 to start a cemetery. It is now a closed cemetery with just over 300 readable names. Recorded by Joe Pierce 22 Nov 1999 and rewalked February 2003 by Dorris Harrison.|
| About seventy five years later it was deemed necessary to have a larger cemetery. Land was purchased and graves were moved from the Catholic Division [see next entry] in the north east section of the city. The seven section that make up the Old Gardens are Saint Joseph, Our Lady of Mt Carmel, Out Lady of Sorrows, St Anthony, Immaculate Heart of Mary, Our Lady of Fatima, andOur Lady of Divine Grace. ||Removal of Catholic Division||Land had been leased from Restlawn Cemetery for a Catholic Cemetery for some years. It now seemed prudent to move these graves to the new Mount Carmel Cemetery in Ysleta. Most of them were laid to rest in Old Gardens section named Our Lady of Fatima.
||Church Records from 1939-42 ||These records were recorded in 1982 and are placed here for the use of all researchers.
||Master List for Evergreen ||