St. Paul United Church of Christ and Cemetery
Falls County, Texas
GPS Coordinates 31.37997, -96.89442
Submitted by Mayme House
In 1894 German settlers founded the St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Congregation with the Rev. F. W. Ernst Hartmann as pastor. In 1896 they built a school and called their first resident minister, the Rev. Dr. Samuel D. Press (1875 - 1967), who was later head of Eden Seminary in St. Louis for 35 years. The first church building was replaced by the present structure in 1920. Renamed St. Paul United Church of Christ after four denominations merged in 1957, the fellowship has played a vital role in preserving the German community's heritage.
are from a display
case located in St. Paul Church of Christ
Evangelical Book of Worship
The New Deutsche Evangelische Lutherische St. Paul
October 9, 1894
St. Paulís New Schoolhouse & Pastor Residence
Pastor of St. Paul United Church of Christ
Additions, corrections, and pictures are always welcome!