Typed as spelled and written
Lena Stone Criswell
THE DAILY DEMOCRAT
Thirteenth Year - Number 6
Marlin, Texas, Thursday, April 03, 1902
TEACHERS' INSTITUTE PROGRAM.
The program of the Falls County Teachers' Institute which meets in Marlin on Friday and Saturday April 4th and 5th have adopted the following program:
FRIDAY NIGHT 8 O'CLOCK.
1. Address, by Hon. Tom Connally.
2. An illustrated address on the Yosemite Valley, H. O. Stansbury, Viesca.
SATURDAY 9:30 A.M.
3. With what
method have you secured the best results in developing your pupils?
(a) "In Obedience," W. L. Moody, Perry.
(b) "In Application," Miss Lou Greer, Chilton.
(c) "In Politeness," Miss Minnie Hughes.
(d) "Kindness to Animals," Miss Una Elam.
(e) "In Expressing Their Thoughts in Good English," Miss Fannie Hunnicutt.
(f) "In Truthfulness," Miss Ruby Flanakin, Lott.
4. Methods in percentage, D. C. Clark, Wilderville, J. C. Kennedy, Denny.
5. Needed reforms in the school lawns, State Superintendent Lefevre, Austin.
6. What should be the objects to be accomplished in a summer normal? A. D. Wallace, Travis.
7. How may we improve the Falls county summer normal? H. E. Nash, Rosebud.
o'clock) Methods of teaching Latin, W. E. Darden, Waco.
9. What should be taught in the country school, J. L. Lamar, Travis.
10. What should be done with visitors, Miss Maggie Hodges, Lott; W. J. Green, Otto.
Copyright permission granted to Theresa Carhart and her volunteers for printing
by The Democrat, Marlin, Falls Co., Texas