Fannin County TXGenWeb
The Ladonia Historical Preservation Society
Historic Ladonia Homes
Photographs by Debby Crofford

Will Graves - 1895

The story below tells the history of this house and the Nunn - Graves Home

Albert and Oleta Brown 
314 E. Main Street
Ladonia, Texas

      Lot  ( out of the J.J. Robinson Survey, Abstract no. 955 in Ladonia, Texas. About 18 miles Southeast from Bonham, Texas) was deeded to Lucy V. Maloney on the 17th day of August, 1888 by C.W.T. Weldon.

     House was built by William F. Nunn ( A banker) for his daughter, Mamie Nunn Graves and husband Henry Lee Graves. Henry Graves owned a grocery store.
Mamie and Henry had two children ; 
     Henry Lee and Mamie moved to the W.F. Nunn home where Mrs. W.F. Nunn  ( Mother of Mamie Nunn Graves) died.
     E.G. Barroughs who was married to Rose Jackson moved into the Graves .

      Mamie Graves died in 1918 and Henry Lee Graves then was married to Miss. Tennie McFarland. Henry Lee Graves died in 1924. 

Original Handwritten account below




 

© 2005
Email Any Additions or suggestions

  Fannin Home page