Carmel Baptist Church
east of Tioga
on Hwy 121
frame church building in the picture below was built in 1936. The
material from a brush arbor next to the Stiff Chapel School was used to
build this first church building.
Members of Mt. Carmel
1946 - 1957
to right : Dennis Baughman, Albie Baughman (holding hat), Willie Lee
Howell (behind Albie), Dan McKnight (can just see his head),
in front : Nancy Duff, Ethel Baughman, Edna Baughman (behind Ethel),
Mrs. Duff (behind Edna), Minnie Baker, Linda Baker (small girl), Betty
McKnight, Edna Baughman (d/o Edna Baughman), Luvena McKnight (can just
see her face), Mary Nell Howard, Elsie Baughman --- photo taken by
The frame church building was completely destroyed by a tornado in 1973.
Left to right : Don Primm, unknown, unknown, unknown