German Evangelical Church was built at the northwest corner of
Armstrong Avenue and Owings Street in 1890 under Earnest A. Yeack, who
had started the work a year earlier at 422 West Sears Street.
In 1892, George Hauser replaced Yeack. Gideon Bartlett was in charge of
Sunday programs, which were taught in German.
In 1894, the church became the German Lutheran Church for the next
The building was closed in 1905..