Pace Piano & Organ Store
Around 1903, A.S. Pace Furniture and Carpet dtore was located next door to Carter's Music Store (also called Crown Music Store).
1896, there had been a Pace Piano and Organ Store down the street at
324 West Main Street. It was owned by William L. Pace, apparently
no relation to Alfred S. Pace and his family. William and his
wife, Vernetta "Nettie" Clark Pace, lived at 1217 West Walker Street.
the children of William L. Pace and Vernetta Pace were a daughter, Nora
D. Pace, and a son, Vera Lee Pace. They married siblings, the
children of Dayton A. C. Miller, a real estate dealer and photographer
in Denison, Fort Worth, and other Texas towns.
1905 Nora Pace married Cedil Conroy Miller, and in 1913 Vera Pace
married Margaret Miller. By 1920 the two couples were living next
door to each other in Beaumont, Texas.
1920 the W.L. Pace Piano Company, which had been located in Denison in
1896, was located in Beaumont, with Cecil Miller and Vera Lee Pace as
L. Pace's wife, Vernetta, continued to live in Denison. The 1900
census listed her as divorced. Denison City Directories for 1901
and 1903 listed her as widow of William L. Pace.