- The first person interred in Fairview Cemetery was Harriet D. Morrison,
who died in 1882 at the age of 65. She is buried in Block 20, Lot #57
which was originally owned by Dr. Alex Morrison.
- Additional land
was obtained by the Denison Cemetery Association from a Mr. Isaac
Lindsey on February 20, 1911 for a sum of $4,500.
- Fairview Cemetery
obtained a Warranty Deed on April 20, 1925 for the exchange of Lot 4,
Section 3, Block 16 and One Dollar to be paid by the City of Denison
for the purpose of Sepulture only.
- A Board of Managers for Fairview
and Maple Grove Cemeteries was appointed January 15, 1919 by F.G.
Coleman, Mayor of the City of Denison.