Voting Precinct Box 17
Used until the Sixties
|Schools| School District was Mills Srpings #102 1st school was a log building built on the NE corner of Mr.E. Golden's farm Last school was a frame building located about 300 yards north of the first one
|School Teachers| Gifford Wheeler Miss Mayfield Miss Julia Pitts Miss Eula Hunter Mrs Rachel Jackson Mr Henry Nelson Mrs Henry Nelson
|Early Settlers| Byrd Payne settled in Locust in 1903. He raised registered Duroc Jersey hogs. A. L. Long moved to Locust in 1905. He owned a blacksmith shop for several years. Dr. N. J. Slaughter (MD & Surgeon) had an office building south of the Locust store. J.M. Kennedy owned the Locust store & was a trustee for 20 years. W.B. Golden moved to Grayson County in 1877 and settled in the Locust Community.