Log Cabin School Frontier Village
in Loy Lake Park West side of
US 75 & Loy Lake Rd.
Pioneers, who were camped near a spring on property of William S.
Reeves (1794-1879) while waiting for their land grants, built this one-room
schoolhouse about 1855. The leader of the group was William L. Holder (1820-1876),
who migrated to Grayson County from Missouri. His son Clinton L. (1845-1897)
later used the cabin as a residence. In 1974 the structure was moved to
the Old Settlers Village and restored. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark