Cemetery 9 mi. north
of Whitesboron on US 377, then 1 mi. west
on Allison Rd. to Rich Rd.
Believed to date from the mid-1800s, Allison Cemetery occupies
three acres of land. The oldest dated marker is that of a 53-year-old man
who was buried in 1865, though some headstones have been moved or were
destroyed over time, and older graves may be noted only by roughly shaped
rocks. Most of those interred on this site are descendants of H. Dennis,
Sr., and other area families. Notable graves include a family of influenza
victims believed to have been buried in 1858 and several war veterans.
Managed and maintained by descendants, the cemetery is still in use. (1997)