can be reached by turning east on Lovers Lane Rd, just before entering
Bells from Hwy 160. The cemetery cannot be seen from the gravel road.
There is a small trail going into a wooded area and then into an open field.
The cemetery is located in a tree grove about 125 feet from the gravel
Greenwood Cemetery -
Burial site for early settlers of Fannin and Grayson counties. Commonly
called "Jenkins Cemetery" as access was through John J. Jenkins' farm.
First usage date is unknown; oldest stones have had lettering erased by
weather. Earliest dated stone is for Jas. P. Montgomery, who died in 1869.
On March 31, 1882, W. S. Roddy formally deeded the cemetery site in trust
for local citizens. Wooden markers at many graves were destroyed by grass
fire in 1935. The neglected cemetery was restored in 1972 through efforts
of Lt. Col. and Mrs. Wm. K. Langner, descendants of John J. Jenkins.