Odd Fellows Hall 100 Block, North
Walnut St. Sherman
Transcript below photograph
Erected in 1875. Third meeting place for Sherman Lodge No.45 since
organization Sept. 27,1854. Center of community activity, opened a school
(74 students) 11 years before first city public school. At June 21, 1862
meeting all members except one elderly brother left for Confederate service.
This meeting was not officially closed until war's end. Three grand masters
of Texas and one Sovereign Grand Master of the World came from membership.