Site of Former Whitewright High School
"This is an interesting little building we found on the site of
the former Whitewright High School. While the former Whitewright High School
is gone, this building remains.
Our research finds that the building was built between 1900-1905
and was used as a laboratory for the former Grayson College campus in Whitewright.
Sometime around 1920, after the new Whitewright High School was
built on the site the building sat dormant for some time. But by 1929,
the building was being used for "Manual training". WhenI was in school,
we called that "Shop".
The building today seems well secured and is owned by the First
Baptist Church in Whitewright.
It is all that remains of the old Whitewright High School and Grayson
college before that."