Grayson County TXGenWeb
  Towns and Communities

Texas State, County & City Government Websites

downtown Ambrose
1910

This town has nearly been wiped off the map by a gravel and sand company.
It was located in the far notrheast corner of the county




Genealogy Section
Van Alstyne Public Library

  • Postmaster & Post Offices of Grayson County, Texas, 1848 - 1930

 County Seat - Sherman - City Website




Ghost Towns of Texas



Smaller Communities & Vanished Communities

* If you do not find the community you are looking
for check the School District List Link Above.


Ambrose  on 1910 map, Ambrose Town Plat
Basin Springs, 1910 map 
Bethel S. of Whitewright
Blackmon Chapel 
Blanks Community
Blanton - known today as Whiterock (a Freedmen's community)
Bliss - on 1910 map
Blue Creek - a Freedmen's Community (same as Independence Springs)
Burke Community
Calmus Flat NW of Bells, on 1910 map as 'Terrace'
Canaan - on 1910 map
Carpenter's Bluff - aka Thief's Neck (early day nickname) and also called Key City
Cedar Mills
Center 
Cherry Mound
Choctaw Grove
Coffee's Trading Post
Cook Springs (located between Sherman and Denison)
County Line - north of Whitesboro, 1910 map.
City of Divide - early name for Whitesboro
Day Community
Delaware Bend
Desert

Devoignes 
Dixie - first called Theodore, 1910 map
Dripping Springs
Elmont -  first known as Crossroads - 1910 map
Ellsworth N. of Sherman, 1910 map
Enterprise
Ethel - 1910 Map
Farmington - 1910 map
Fink - north of Pottsboro - 1910 map
Fort Johnson/Johnston
Gage - 1910 map
Georgetown
Hackberry
Hagerman - aka Steedman
Hayhurst
Highway 
Ida
Independence Springs - same as Blue Creek (a Freedmen's community)
Jameson
Kentuckytown, 1910 map
Key City - early name for Carpenters Bluff
Knollwood
Locust1910 map
Luella
Macomb - 1910 map
Mantua -  Site
Marilee
Martin Springs, south of Pottsboro
Mormon Grove - 1910 map
Nance Prairie 
Needle Ridge  (Christian Chapel)
Norton  -  a Grayson County post office, discontinued 4 May 1892 and sent mail to Bells
Oak Grove
Orlena - Far North West corner of the county, 1910 map
Oxford Community
Paw Paw Hill see location of the Lankford Cemetery
Pilot Grove  - aka - Lick Skillet, 1910 map
Pink Hill
Plainview
Preston & Preston Bend - history & Texas Escapes
Quillen
Range Creek
Red Branch - northwest part of the county, 1910 map
Red River City
Rock Creek
Rose Hill 
Sanborn
Sandusky, northwest part of the county, 1910 map
Sedalia (Yakima)
Smith Oaks
South Gale - on this map and most printed maps
Sperry
Springville - see Collinsville
Steedman  (Hagerman), 1910 map
Summit - early name for Howe area, center was just northesat of today's Howe
Sunbeam
Talley - first name for Sadler
Tanyard Springs, see Woodlake
Terrace, northwest of Bells, 1910 map1908 plat map
Theodore - was where Dixie is today, 1910 map
Toadsuck - was close to Collinsville 
Tribune - south of Sherman, 1910 map
Warner Junction
Washita Bend, first name of the Preston Bend of the Red River. 
Waterloo
Whitemound
Whiterock (a Freedmen's community)
Woodlake

 

 

Back to the Grayson County TXGenWeb Index page
If you find any of Grayson County TXGenWeb links inoperable,
please send me a message.
Visit the TXGenWeb State Page.
Visit the USGenWeb
WorldGenWeb
This page is maintained by Elaine Nall Bay 2012