The first town charter was received in 1873; there were approximately 500 inhabitants of the town.
1873 Businesses James McGillicuddy ~ grocer J.M. Brooks ~ farmer Frances Rease ~ farmer and land owner W.H. Moss ~ gricer H.G. Hanusib ~ Dry Goods Store
1876 Businesses Police Force; McCutcheon was Constable Saddle & Harness shop Three dry goods stores Two grocery stores Two hotels Seven saloons Two photo galleries Two butcher shops Milliner's Store Brick Yard Cotton Gin Grist Mill Barber Shops Coffin shop ~ Capt. T.J. Dove
Doctors Dr. Henry T. Trollinger Dr. A.M. Huff Dr. Graves
City Bank with Judge Joseph Bledsoe of Sherman as the first president; located on the corner of Main and Center streets.
Sherman Bank sold its interest to the City Bank September 19, 1895;
co-partnership organized, composed of H.L. Hall, J.M. Buchanan, H.H.
Robertson, B. Bennett, C.D. Anderson and F.G. Jamison
1900 City Bank of Whitesboro became a state bank
Texas 1913 Photograph
by : Baum "view card"
Businesses : C.D. Anderson & Bro. Jamison
Bank was nationalized and known as City National Bank of Whitesboro.
It later consolidated with First National Bank and Security State
bank. Later it became known as the Whitesboro Consolikdated Bank
and then Whitesboro National Bank.
1940 Security National Bank opened under new management.
Municipal Water-Light Plant
Side of Main Street Whitesboro,
Security National Bank opened its new $50,000 buillding on the corner of Main and Center streets.