TXGenWeb Project    USGenWeb Project
First National Bank Historical Marker

Contributed by Eleanor Colson

Local architect, contractor and stonemason James Davern and his brother-in-law C. C. Camp built this commercial edifice in the 1880s. Constructed of cement-covered stone rubble, it was remodeled with renaissance revival detailing in the 1890s, during the ownership of the First National Bank of Navasota. Occupied by the bank until 1952, it has also housed a hotel, offices, a telephone company, and a variety of stores.

Home Page | Anderson Tour | Our Ancestors | Census Page | Veterans Page | Cemetery Page