FEB. 17, 1942 HILLSBORO MIRROR
John A. Morrison
John A. Morrison, native Texan and well known Hillsboro citizen, passed away very suddenly Saturday afternoon at his home, 623 East Walnut Street, about 3 oclock. He was down town just a short time before his death, which came very unexpectedly.
Funeral services were held at Marshall and Marshall chapel at 4 oclock Sunday afternoon conducted by Rev. H. R. McDaniel, pastor of the Line Street Methodist Church.. Interment was in Ridge Park cemetery.
Active pallbearers were: Dr. Charles A. Garrett, Dr. Ed Bobbitt, J. R. Fletcher, Joe Harper, Joe Goodman and A. N. Roberson.
Mr. Morrison was born in Hamilton County, March 31, 1878, and the son of Thomas J. and Mary Frances Morrison.
He came to Hill County with his parents when a young boy, the family locating at Whitney where he lived until he came to Hillsboro some 42 years ago and had continued to reside here since.
He was married to Miss Mona Cantrell on March 31, 1908. Some 25 years ago he united with the Line Street Methodist Church and had continued his membership in that church since.
Surviving are his widow; one daughter, Mrs. Marie Odom of Hillsboro; one brother, Douglas Morrison of Austin, and four sisters, Mrs. J. P. Cantrell of Waxahachie. Mrs. Floyd Patterson and Mrs. Horace Brannan of Hillsboro, Mrs. John Bratcher of Bynum.