BUSINESSES
HOME

JIMMY BROWN STORE

Located on the corner of Sycamore and Gary Street, just west of the railroad track.  It was built on family property and was well known in the area.  Submitted by: Jennifer Bass Smith, great-niece of Mr. Brown.

DOMINY SERVICE STATION

location: S. Fourth Street, Crockett, TX

 

 

 

 

 

 

Some Drugstores were:  B.F. Chamberlain on the E. corner of Main Square, John Baker on E. corner of Goliad and Main Square, Dan Julian with Carl Goolsby, W.P. Bishop with Decuir and McLean in 1907 and his own store on the NE corner in 1916 then moving to the middle of the south side of the square in 1920, Dan Julian operating City Drug formerly the Baker Drugstore at E. Goliad and main square, J.R. Burtis, Dick Chrisy operated stores on the west side of the square.  Drugstore in Kennard was operated by Frank P. Hudson who began at Coltharp and moved to Kennard about 1904.

BAKER DRUGSTORE - later CITY DRUG

Dan Julian bought the Baker Drugstore in 1938 and operated it until his death in 1954.

BEASLEY DRUGSTORE - Crockett

 

DANIELS & BURTON

Next to the pick Wick Hotel was Daniels & Burton .  Located on the north-east side of the public square.

LUNDY & THOMPSON's SADDLE SHOP

Located at the corner of Public Square in Crockett 1910.

 

MCCONNELL HARDWARE

Located on the NW corner of Public Square & Goliad.  Operated by John, & sons, R.E. and Daniel McConnell

MILLER-BERRY

In early days the store had a tailor shop & cleaning and pressing plant at the rear.  Located just off the square, second store,  on north side of E. Houston.  Later W.D. Julian, Jr. & Neal Clements operated a men's clothing shop in this location, later owned by Johnny Stowe.

 

GAUSE PATTON's STORE

Located on W. Goliad.  This 1915 photo shows him and his helper, John Wootters who was to become a local Medical Doctor.

SHIVERS

John S. Shivers opened a general merchandise store (3 story bldg.) at 600 E. Houston in Crockett.  This shows Shivers with the Corley place next door.

 

L.D. SIMS FURNITURE & UNDERTAKING

C.H. Callaway & L.L. Moore purchased this business in 1912.  The buillding later became the Beasley Building and housed the Federal Savings & Loan

GEO. E. DARSEY & CO.- Grapeland

Established in 1886; this building is the first store building used by this firm.