Gardner & Adella Berry
Rev. William M. Gardner was the son
of Willis and Lucy Gardner. He was born November 4, 1870
and he died September 2, 1962; buried in the Campbell Cemetery,
Halls Bluff, Houston Co., TX.
He married Adella Berry, born
January 4, 1876 and died March 5, 1966. She was the
daughter of Amanza Berry and Cathryn Isbell. They were
married in February 1898 in the Christian Methodist Church of
the Fodice Community.
Children of William M. Gardner & Adella Berry are:
1. Roberta Gardener born January 1899. She received
her teacher's certificate from the Texas College, Tyler and
2. Ralston Gardner born 1901 Houston Co., TX.
3. Charlie Dewitt Gardner born 1906 Houston Co., TX.
4. Sherman Gardner. He retired after 21 years as a
Civil Service worker.
5. Minnie Gardner born 1908 Houston Co., TX.
Received her teacher's certificate from Mary Allen College,
6. Herman Gardner born 1909 Houston Co., TX.
7. Delbert Gardner. He joined the U.S. Army in 1936
and served through WWII. He retired after 24 years of
8. Vivian Gardner. Received her teacher's
certificate from Mary Allen College, Crockett, TX. Married
T.L. Lovelady and had nine
9. Willette Gardner. He served during WWII, and
attended Texas College, Tyler, after his discharge. He
received his B.A.
degree and taught school. He also became a
10. Desdamona Gardner. She married Chester Fobbs.
They owned 86 acres of the land that her parents bought.
1900 Houston Co., TX: GARDNER, William, b,
m, Nov1871 28, m2yr, TX SC TN, farm; Della, wife, Jan1877 23,
1ch 1liv, TX; Roberta, dau, Jan1899 1, TX. Living next
door to William (age 79) & Lucy Gardner (age 60) and children
Jeesie 25, Ann L 20, Andrew 16, and Julia 15.
1910 Houston Co., TX: GARDNER, Wm., h/h, m, b, 38, TX SC TN,
farm; Della, wife, f, b, 34, m12yr, 6ch 5liv, TX Un MD; Roberta,
dau, 11, TX; Roylston, son, 9, TX; Charlie D., son, 4, TX;
Minnie, dau, 2, TX; Herman, son, 9/12, TX.