Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

GLENWOOD CEMETERY - CROCKETT, TX

Glenwood Cemetery's south sector has the distinction of opening shortly after Houston County was created and the county seat established in 1837.  The north sector was opened in 1870 after the city and county reorganized following the reconstruction after the Civil War.  The southeast quadrant of the oldest burial ground was reclaimed with a cleanup for the Texas Sesquicentennial.  Glenwood's North and South Sectors were accorded official Texas Historical Markers in 1972.

 

GLENWOOD- (North Sector)

A-J      K-Z

 

GLENWOOD - A-Z - (South Sector)

 

Be sure and check the files above as well as these below.

Some files will have additional information.

 

GLENWOOD CEMETERY - NORTH & SOUTH SECTORS

Alphabetical Listing of the North and South Sectors

Link to: A-C    Link to: D-G      Link to:  H-N       Link to:  O-Z

 

Names showing location of Grave in Cemetery

blank spaces indicate vacant spaces in that plot

 

MAPS OF THE CEMETERY SHOWING GRAVE LOCATIONS

 

HISTORICAL MARKERS

MAP OF MARKER LOCATIONS IN CEMETERY

Armistead Albert Aldrich

George G. Alford

Maj. Isaac Watts Burton

Isaac Adair Daniel

James Elbert Downes

Andrew Edward Gossett

Judge Elijah Gossett

John Lawrence Hall

Augustus "Gus" LeGory

William Elbert "Buck" Mayes

William Van McConnell

Andrew Jackson McGown

William Kyle McLean

Col. Steward Alexander Miller

Armistead Thompson Mason Monroe

Harry Frederick Moore

John Edward & Lucy Stepp Nite

David Alexander Nunn

William Monroe Patton

John T. Smith

Rudd Crawford Spinks

Samuel Fisher Tenney

Rev. John Woolam

 

 

Submitted by:  George Cook