Antioch, a rural community four miles southwest of Lovelady on Farm Road 230 in southern Houston County, was probably established in the late 1880s.
A post office began operating there in 1890, and by 1892 the community had two general stores, a school, two physicians, and a combination gristmill and gin. The estimated population in 1896 was thirty. In the mid-1930s only a school, a cemetery, and a few widely scattered houses remained. In the early 1990s only a church and cemetery marked the site.